E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Annoying AC Vents

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 08:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I did not anticipate many response from this thread. Thanks you all for your comments. I'm going to pursue this more with BMW and hopefully they can fix this through their updates (software). I hope this is not a hardware annoyance.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tomwid' date='Jun 21 2005, 06:53 AM
This is the dumbest statement I have heard so far on this board.? The car should do what you tell it to and not have a mind of its own!?

If it was OFF when you turned your car OFF it should STAY OFF.? If it was ON WHEN YOU SHUT YOUR CAR OFF, it should stay ON AT NEXT RESTART.

WTF IS BMW THINKING???

[quote name='300TTto545' date='Jun 21 2005, 08:42 AM']I disagree with all of you. The A/C should come on when the car everytime. My A/C gets cool fairly quickly.

It might be nice if it sensed extremely high temps and did not blow hard until the A/C cooled the air down a bit but I think it is technically the right thing to blow the air at a decent clip right off.

My last car had to be turned on everytime and that was far more annoying. I guess it could remember what you had left it on but for me that would likely be A/C on so it wouldn't matter.
[snapback]141515[/snapback]
[snapback]141518[/snapback]
[/quote]

Highly Agree with Tomwid!!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

I thought this had something to do with the memory setting of my key, but I guess not from what I'm reading. I'll play with it a little tonight to see if I can change it/trick it. But, if so, then yes, it should not blow. Is this strictly due to the outside temp. I assume that in the winter, the A/C does not do this. Or, is it the opposite and the heat is automatic in the winter?
Old 06-21-2005, 10:45 AM
NES
Members

You want A/C? Deal with it! Dont want A/C? Move your little finger to the "off" button!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Yea great solution (sarcasm). I guess you completely missed the point about the car doing what we expect it to.

Hopefully, they design the next 5 series to automatically turn on your radio, ventilated seats, engine, pop the trunk, and open the sunroof all by itself as soon as you plant your butt on the seat. YEA! Don't like it? Deal w/ it, don't want it? Use your fingers... you get the picture.

I take that back about the dumbest statement. How this is one beats it. LOLz

Originally Posted by NES' date='Jun 21 2005, 02:45 PM
You want A/C?? Deal with it!? Dont want A/C?? Move your little finger to the "off" button!
[snapback]141624[/snapback]
Old 06-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

I guess I don't understand - if you've got the A/C set to Auto then it's doing exactly what you told it to, which is to get the temperature inside the car down to the setpoint as quickly as possible. If you can't take the blast of air, don't use the Auto setting and the A/C will be exactly as you left it.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

On my last three beemers and Vauxhall Omega the a/c always comes on when you press the Auto button. I heard someone say the other day that its best to drive with a/c on all the time, hot or cold, as it keeps the system circulating and lowers the maintenance required for the system. I don't do this personally as I always thought a/c uses more fuel. I also read that this is not the case!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by NES' date='Jun 21 2005, 12:45 PM
You want A/C?? Deal with it!? Dont want A/C?? Move your little finger to the "off" button!
[snapback]141624[/snapback]
NES, I think we are missing the point here....BMW has created a Luxury sports sedan and it should act like it....why should I always be worried that everytime I get in the car I have to hit the off switch....i don't think about the A/C 24/7 and don't want to think about it everytime I enter my car. This is the same situation that many members had on this forum with their radio on/off. A/C turning on automatically everytime you get in the car (even if you don't have the A/C on automatic) is just plain ridiculous.

Originally Posted by DXXXi' date='Jun 21 2005, 01:21 PM
I guess I don't understand - if you've got the A/C set to Auto then it's doing exactly what you told it to, which is to get the temperature inside the car down to the setpoint as quickly as possible.? If you can't take the blast of air, don't use the Auto setting and the A/C will be exactly as you left it.
[snapback]141633[/snapback]
This happens even if you don't keep it on Auto. I never keep my A/C on auto.

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Jun 21 2005, 01:29 PM
On my last three beemers and Vauxhall Omega the a/c always comes on when you press the Auto button. I heard someone say the other day that its best to drive with a/c on all the time, hot or cold, as it keeps the system circulating and lowers the maintenance required for the system. I don't do this personally as I always thought a/c uses more fuel. I also read that this is not the case!
[snapback]141635[/snapback]
I keep my A/C on at all times, what you heard is somewhat correct. I keep it at the lowest fan. This point is very much arguable but me personally, i feel more comfortable if the A/C setting is on at all times (just to keep the air flowing through the system)
Old 06-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Exactly

I forgot to mention, that if you start the car again in less than 10 minutes (before it goes to sleep mode I guess), the A/C will remain OFF if it was in the OFF position when the car shuts down. If you leave it for more than that, the A/C will come on. And what is weird is that it remembers the LAST FAN position, just not the OFF position!!!

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Jun 21 2005, 03:38 PM
NES, I think we are missing the point here....BMW has created a Luxury sports sedan and it should act like it....why should I always be worried that everytime I get in the car I have to hit the off switch....i don't think about the A/C 24/7 and don't want to think about it everytime I enter my car.? This is the same situation that many members had on this forum with their radio on/off.? A/C turning on automatically everytime you get in the car (even if you don't have the A/C on automatic) is just plain ridiculous.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Senior Members

I think the E60's are equipped with 10 minute memory cells, similar to a gold fish, wait gold fish only have a 3 second memory, oh good...atleast i get 9 min. and 57 sec. out of my $60K car

Quick Reply: Annoying AC Vents