E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Angel eyes don't work

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by John007' date='Jun 20 2005, 11:58 AM
Just got off the phone with them.. he wouldn't return my call's , well he goes we are pretty sure it's our software (no crap) we just tried it on one of our other car's and it did the same thing, and then he went on to say how much time they have put in on my car and want to find out the problem.... I told him in the begining about what this site said about the software and he kept telling me how it was the moduel.? He said give him an hour, why can't they just put my car back together and do a PUMA on it and call me when 17.2 is out... They had the car since Thursday and haven't figured it out..
[snapback]141235[/snapback]

Aww man that sucks... thats why I wont take my car in unless I'm pretty sure theres a fix or if I havent heard anything about it and I have no choice. In this situation the dealer cant do anything... they're mor clueless than you are.

Hope you get your car back soon and that 17.x will fix it.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MY DEALER SAID THAT CIP 17.1 FIXES THE LEDS MALFUNCTION.
ANYONE WITH CIP 17.1 INSTALLED, BUT NO WORKING LEDS ???
Old 06-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

OK ready.... Got my car back, and no LED's but..... I was the FIRST E60 in the US to report the non-working LED's .... I guess the poor service guy was going crazy and BMW didn't have a clue then I guess they had to call MAIN BMW service in Germany and told them about 17.1 problem with the LED's.. HEHEHE my service guy said they tried 3 other cars with 17.1 and now those cars do not have working LED's. BMW of Peabody said they where told by BMW not to update any car unless it HAS major issue that needs the update... and I was told that right from Germany there will be an update in 30 days he said it will be 17.5 or 17.7 and it will fix the LED problem.... I can't believe I was the first person in the whole USA to have found that problem. All my service rep kept saying was you said it all along about the update I said that's why I am a member of E60.net
Old 06-21-2005, 04:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by John007' date='Jun 20 2005, 11:55 PM
OK ready.... Got my car back, and no LED's but..... I was the FIRST E60 in the US to report the non-working LED's .... I guess the poor service guy was going crazy and BMW didn't have a clue then I guess they had to call MAIN BMW service in Germany and told them about 17.1 problem with the LED's.. HEHEHE my service guy said they tried 3 other cars with 17.1 and now those cars do not have working LED's.? BMW of Peabody said they where told by BMW not to update any car unless it HAS major issue that needs the update... and I was told that right from Germany there will be an update in 30 days he said it will be 17.5 or 17.7 and it will fix the LED problem.... I can't believe I was the first person in the whole USA to have found that problem.? All my service rep kept saying was you said it all along about the update I said that's why I am a member of E60.net?
[snapback]141372[/snapback]
Bad news then.

At least you've got the car back, hope everything else is ok.

I can't delay the trip to the dealer anymore (computer is asking for first service), so my hopes of having the LED's fixed at the same time are gone.

As I may be the first owner in Portugal to report the non working LED's, I think I'll try to convince them no to touch anything LED related, as it is of no use, and must wait for new CIP version.

I think I'll stop driving at night, can't cope with seeing other fellows E60 with those beautifull LED's on.

Cheers.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:08 AM
Members

thx guys
so we must wait new CIP version for fixed that LED s
first person who update car and fix this problem please let us to know that
good luck and thx
Old 06-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Members

This is what happens when you don't visit the forum reguarly.

Brought my car in for AUX input installation yesterday. They loaded v. 17.1 from 13.X on the car I think. Got it back today, it didn't hurt having the car in service overnight cause they gave me a 325Ci Convertible as a loan.

Got all the new fun stuff like perspective but, no orange LEDs much to my distress.

I think I'm the first case in Melbourne at least. No one in the service center knew about it, although they did mention that a NEW car which had no upgrade was being brought in because of the same problem.

Sigh, I guess I'll have to inform them of what I know.

Keep up the flow of information if anyone finds out anything new!
Old 06-24-2005, 01:58 AM
Senior Members

I have just gone out and taken pics of my orange leds working so that I have proof incase they fail after next week's 17.1 upgrade.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:36 AM
Contributors

Well, I think I've found some positive side on this LED saga.

This is just the excuse I needed to get the MP3 aware CIP u/g (for euro nav cars) due in September.

That day I'll be really happy: MP3 playing and my LED's back
Old 06-24-2005, 04:09 AM
Members

seakat
i will wait your info about upgrade....
i must also upgrade my car to back LED s
Old 06-24-2005, 06:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d (Jan 2005) premium pack, pro nav, steptronic

I just got 17.1 and also LOST MY LEDs.
BMW told me it will be fixed in 19.1 before the end of the year...

Quick Reply: Angel eyes don't work