E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Almost depressed with my e60

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mystic Blue Nov 2004 5.30d SE :: Bluetooth :: Prof Nav :: TV :: Auto :: Beige Leather :: 18'' M Sport Alloys :: Folding Mirrors :: Headlight Washers

Originally Posted by ROYLANCE' post='583795' date='May 19 2008, 08:15 PM
Hi Zim Guy

I could do with copy of your letter, i too am getting mightily racked off with BMW, see my post from March on my 535d which is still not running right !

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...mp;mode=linear

Its like some sort of joke every time i take it in.
First it had new software installed. Result no change. 2 days off the road
Then injector changed as the flow readings were different to the others. Result no change. 2 days off the road + 2 day to diagnose it.
Just got it back after 8 days while the dealer performed all manor of tests on it again.
Believe me you get pretty upset driving round in a 116i courtesy car that can only manage 23mpg around town and just about get a bag of shopping in the boot.

Now the Dealer has sent a Puma to BMW, whatever that means.

I think PUMA must be a secret code sign for Help !
PM me an email address mate. Happy to send it to you. It aint mind blowing, but it may help
Old 05-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Members

Hope you got what you wanted in the end ZimGuy, Roylance, a Puma I believe is a report that goes to BMW when they can't get a definitive answer from the documentation BMW send out for the technicians to use during diagnosis. My guess is, its a series of questions / tests and expected results which provides them with a solution. Once they've tried all the various branches of the diagnosis that matches your problem and the problem still exists, they goto BMW for "help" as you correctly describe it.

I have a 535d with the dreaded SOS call system failure message, it's been in 4 times to be resolved and is finally going back in on the 29th May to have the telematics ECU changed. This resolution I might add was provided to them by myself after some excellent diagnosis by the good people of this board on the second visit. I think they have to exhaust all the branches of the diagnosis documents before they are allowed to raise a PUMA and get approval from BMW... I know they need to try and eliminate the possibilities, but it does p!ss you off having to keep taking the car back, not having it for 1 to 2 days at a time and being given a sub standard loaner (I've started refusing the 1 series cars).

To make things worse, my 6 disc changer has also now packed up in that it refuses loading discs 1-5 and will only play disc 6. I know I haven't caused this by poor loading of discs because it still has the same 6 discs in it that've been in there since the week we got the car (Sep 07). So that's been added to the service sheet now.

Hope you get yours sorted soon.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Members

My Ride: Mystic Blue Nov 2004 5.30d SE :: Bluetooth :: Prof Nav :: TV :: Auto :: Beige Leather :: 18'' M Sport Alloys :: Folding Mirrors :: Headlight Washers

Originally Posted by bardel' post='583950' date='May 19 2008, 11:50 PM
Hope you got what you wanted in the end ZimGuy,.......
Yes thanks mate, they ended up being excellent and gave me a much better (newer with more toys ) car with a swap and small ? adjustment.