E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Almost depressed with my e60

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mystic Blue Nov 2004 5.30d SE :: Bluetooth :: Prof Nav :: TV :: Auto :: Beige Leather :: 18'' M Sport Alloys :: Folding Mirrors :: Headlight Washers

All thanks so much for the answers, suggestions and support.

Pennetta - yeh sorry I agree, I should have stated 04 e60 5.30d SE, Auto on 18'' MSport wheels with 245/40r18

I think you have all given me sound advice so I will be off to another dealer to try and get them to fix the issues. I will be sure to let you all know how i get on. I will also ask for the BMW technician as pharding suggested.

Thanks again...will update soon.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by zimguy' post='506859' date='Dec 14 2007, 01:43 PM
All thanks so much for the answers, suggestions and support.

Pennetta - yeh sorry I agree, I should have stated 04 e60 5.30d SE, Auto on 18'' MSport wheels with 245/40r18

I think you have all given me sound advice so I will be off to another dealer to try and get them to fix the issues. I will be sure to let you all know how i get on. I will also ask for the BMW technician as pharding suggested.

Thanks again...will update soon.

What am I "chopped liver"

JK - good luck getting your car repaired and running right...I know how that can bother you when things are right and it doesn't seem to be getting better
Old 12-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Members

My Ride: Mystic Blue Nov 2004 5.30d SE :: Bluetooth :: Prof Nav :: TV :: Auto :: Beige Leather :: 18'' M Sport Alloys :: Folding Mirrors :: Headlight Washers

What am I "chopped liver"

Noooooo

Long live King HotLap

On a serious note....thanks HotLap AND everyone else, I really appreciate the responses I have had.

Problem is the guys at the dealership are damn decent chaps and very nice to deal with...I guess thats half the reason why I am confused. Nice people but "nice" aint fixing my problems
Old 12-16-2007, 01:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 E61 M5, 1989 Z1

I've got what sounds like the same steering wheel click/clunk - the dealer is replacing the column on 2 Jan.

My dealer (Barons in Farnborough) has been v good so far; this is on an approved used car bought 6 weeks ago. Although they're more than an hour from home I had such bad experiences with my local dealer on my E46 328i that I only use them to buy parts.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by phelix' post='507296' date='Dec 16 2007, 10:59 AM
I've got what sounds like the same steering wheel click/clunk - the dealer is replacing the column on 2 Jan.

My dealer (Barons in Farnborough) has been v good so far; this is on an approved used car bought 6 weeks ago. Although they're more than an hour from home I had such bad experiences with my local dealer on my E46 328i that I only use them to buy parts.
Phelix thanks for that info mate, I will tell my dealer this and if they wont look at it then I will get hold of the guys you recommend.

My car is booked back in on 03 Jan will let you all know how i get on
Old 01-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Members

Ok...so the car is booked in for tomorrow and I am armed with a very "nice" letter to the dealer principle which I will attempt to hand deliver tomorrow.

Wish me luck! I will let you all know how I get on.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Contributors

Good luck ... !! Keep us updated.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:36 AM
Members

So an update....

(am tempted to post a copy of my letter for you all to read...but will remove the names ofcourse)

Anyway, my letter had the desired effect. Took a call from the Dealer Principle who invited me to a meeting with him, his sales manager and service manager.

They came up with 3 pretty decent options.

1) Allow them to work on my car further then test it for a month or so. If i'm happy they will give me an additional 1 year of manufacturers warranty. If I am not happy then I can ask for either option 2 or option 3

2) Hand the keys back and select another e60 of similar spec and value

3) Exchange my car for anything else in their stock, if my choice is higher value then I pay a contribution toward the difference.

I guess I was never really in doubt that I would be heard and my situation considered because as I said before, the chaps are really decent. My concern was not knowing if they would be able to offer me any options beyond "we will just keep working it until your warranty runs out"

I am now waiting on the sales manager to come back to me with a list of possible vehicles to choose from and also an update from the service manager of their findings with my car following their in-depth investigation.

Will keep you all posted.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Members

My Ride: Current - MY2008 530i comfort access,active steering, HUD, prof nav/TV, bluetootth etc ..... Old - 2006 530i comfort access, active steering, HUD, NAV/TV, Bluetooth

Well done. Bit of a tortuous path though.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d M Sport Individual Le Mans Blue Individual Platinum Leather (Extended) 19" Mixed Alloys Heads Up Display Piano Black Inserts (might change to aluminium, kids leave fingerprints everywhere) BMW I Pod Connection Aux Input Business Sat Nav BMW Rear Entertainment System incorperated in the roof Heated Seats Bluetooth Sun Prot Glass

Hi Zim Guy

I could do with copy of your letter, i too am getting mightily racked off with BMW, see my post from March on my 535d which is still not running right !

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...mp;mode=linear

Its like some sort of joke every time i take it in.
First it had new software installed. Result no change. 2 days off the road
Then injector changed as the flow readings were different to the others. Result no change. 2 days off the road + 2 day to diagnose it.
Just got it back after 8 days while the dealer performed all manor of tests on it again.
Believe me you get pretty upset driving round in a 116i courtesy car that can only manage 23mpg around town and just about get a bag of shopping in the boot.

Now the Dealer has sent a Puma to BMW, whatever that means.

I think PUMA must be a secret code sign for Help !

Quick Reply: Almost depressed with my e60