E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Almost Crashed Today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree about the adrenaline. I generally am able to keep it from pumping though many years of practice. Still, someitmes it is there. But, in Phoenix, you can get shot easily if you misbehave. That knowledge is a great deterent. It's not the cowboys or Indians; it's the gangsters. Mostly, they kill each other though. Don't let me scare you; Phoenix is a great place so come visit.

wow. good to know... i go to phoenix a lot for business, but fortunately i have not run across crazy phoenix drivers. yet.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Contributors

I agree about the adrenaline. I generally am able to keep it from pumping though many years of practice. Still, someitmes it is there. But, in Phoenix, you can get shot easily if you misbehave. That knowledge is a great deterent. It's not the cowboys or Indians; it's the gangsters. Mostly, they kill each other though. Don't let me scare you; Phoenix is a great place so come visit.
[/quote]

wow. good to know... i go to phoenix a lot for business, but fortunately i have not run across crazy phoenix drivers. yet.
[/quote]

daydok are you from philippines?
Old 11-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Wow thats scary! Glad everything is ok.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Glad nothing happen to your car. But if Iceman hear about this, he will definitely have a say about the fogs

Even with your Highbeams on he still wouldn't be able to see you because he is in a SUV. I don't really like the whole SUV thing, they are less fuel efficient, worst in terms of handling, blocks most drivers' vision, doesn't offer a whole lot more space comparing with a wagon. Just don't understand why buy a SUV when you don't even go off road and if you need to space get a wagon or a minivan. I know I will offend someone with this statement for sure, but it is the SUV that causes the accident here.

But I did have an Xterra before, it was a good off roader, great in the snow, but high on fuel and because you sit higher above sometimes you wouldn't be able to detect car moving beside you even when they are not in your blind spot. Plus for all the reasons above we departed just after a year.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I'm tired of SUVs on the road.. they need to start Gas Guzzle taxing the SUVs!!!! Classified as Trucks my behind!!! Even trucks should be taxed!!!!! why just sedans?
Old 11-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

[ I know I will offend someone with this statement for sure, but it is the SUV that causes the accident here.

[/quote]

Not offended but since when did a vehicle ever cause an accident?

Seems to me it's the driver's fault (or in this case, non-fault since there wasn't an accident).
Old 11-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hoopsrob' post='197056' date='Nov 11 2005, 08:40 PM
I know I will offend someone with this statement for sure, but it is the SUV that causes the accident here.

Its not the vehicle... but the vehicle didnt assist in helping to avoid the accidents... in a lot of cases the vehicle helped caused the accident... if the same driver were in a simular situation and was in a sedan a lot of those accidents wouldnt have happened... SUVs lose contol easier than sedans we all know that. Besides the X3 X5 Cayenne SUVs those are designed to handle better than a lot of cheap sedans... we're talking about old 4 runners Rav 4s even RX300s Ford Escapes Explorers Excursions Expiditions Navigators those SUVs that dont handle very well and cant avoid an accident as well as a sedan.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='197064
I know I will offend someone with this statement for sure, but it is the SUV that causes the accident here.

Its not the vehicle... but the vehicle didnt assist in helping to avoid the accidents...
if the same driver were in a simular situation and was in a sedan a lot of those accidents wouldnt have happened... [/quote]

An inferior driver may be helped by a sedan but a good driver wouldn't be hindered by an SUV.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hoopsrob' post='197071
Originally Posted by hoopsrob' post='197056' date='Nov 11 2005, 08:40 PM

Its not the vehicle... but the vehicle didnt assist in helping to avoid the accidents...
if the same driver were in a simular situation and was in a sedan a lot of those accidents wouldnt have happened...
An inferior driver may be helped by a sedan but a good driver wouldn't be hindered by an SUV.
[/quote]

Seems like 90% of the drivers out there are inferior... so if you cant teach them to drive then limit the cars they can drive. Tax SUVs!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Senior Members

Seems like 90% of the drivers out there are inferior... so if you cant teach them to drive then limit the cars they can drive. Tax SUVs!!!
[/quote]

Taxing SUV's won't stop people from buying them. Maybe better driver education? Driving schools?

I'm sure none of us would ever cause driving problems speeding down the road in our E60's!

By the way, I like your car---mine will be the same color.

Quick Reply: Almost Crashed Today!!!