E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

about to be e60 owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am glad that i came across this board, its nice to know there are a few members from overseas here.
i will be taking delivery of my new 530i in a couple of weeks and will look forward to sharing my experiences.
the decision to close this car has been an emotional one, like others i wasn't too thrilled when the first photos began circulating over the internet, and was very hesitant to persue further interests.
last july i had the opportunity to travel to europe on business and met up with a friend of mine from BMW headquarters. i stumbled on the launch of the e60 while in munich and got a personal tour to the M studio and facility. there i saw the new e60 in real life, and my eyes opened in awe.
the attention and attitude of the BMW engineers (doctors) to their products impressed me thoroughly. i start to notice this machine more and studied it in detail and assured myself i want the e60 to be my next new toy. i actually have the urge to say 'hi' and congratulate any e60 driver when i pass by one, even mine is on the way!
the decision was swift and my dealer was extremely helpful, i am very much looking forward to moving up from my current e46 which has served me extremely well for the past 3 years, but its time for something bigger.
My silver grey 530i on black leather is 6sp manuel, SP with sp seats and adaptive headlights, our cars in canada have the 'winter option' come standard (obvious reasons) and the euro style steering wheel (SMG in US).
i also added the chrome 545 grills and rear reflectors among others.
i will post pics when i bring her home and the wait is starting to take a toll on me by the day. cheers!
Old 05-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rollee' date='May 9 2004, 01:08 AM
i am glad that i came across this board, its nice to know there are a few members from overseas here.
i will be taking delivery of my new 530i in a couple of weeks and will look forward to sharing my experiences.
the decision to close this car has been an emotional one, like others i wasn't too thrilled when the first photos began circulating over the internet, and was very hesitant to persue further interests.
last july i had the opportunity to travel to europe on business and met up with a friend of mine from BMW headquarters. i stumbled on the launch of the e60 while in munich and got a personal tour to the M studio and facility. there i saw the new e60 in real life, and my eyes opened in awe.
the attention and attitude of the BMW engineers (doctors) to their products impressed me thoroughly. i start to notice this machine more and studied it in detail and assured myself i want the e60 to be my next new toy. i actually have the urge to say 'hi' and congratulate any e60 driver when i pass by one, even mine is on the way!
the decision was swift and my dealer was extremely helpful, i am very much looking forward to moving up from my current e46 which has served me extremely well for the past 3 years, but its time for something bigger.
My silver grey 530i on black leather is 6sp manuel, SP with sp seats and adaptive headlights, our cars in canada have the 'winter option' come standard (obvious reasons) and the euro style steering wheel (SMG in US).
i also added the chrome 545 grills and rear reflectors among others.
i will post pics when i bring her home and the wait is starting to take a toll on me by the day. cheers!
Welcome to the Club.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:37 AM
Members

rollee where in canada are you located?
Old 05-09-2004, 07:43 AM
Members

Also which BMW did you purchase it at