E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

545i SportPackage Rim wanted / Question about wheel balance..

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys-

I've recently gone-in to Les Schwab to get new tires.. (necessarily a problem with them per se but part of my problem).
Well, I've currently got about 70K on my 545. Replaced the Dunlops with Michelin Pilot sport A/S at about 20K. If you didn't just catch that - let me
tell you these Michelin's went 50K miles AND perform (corner, grip, hold the road) amazingly!! Did i mention they were quiet?!
I strongly advise any of you who are looking for new tires for your 5 - spend the extra $ and get the Michelins!

Well - the story continues..
I decided (because I'm a fool at times) to try a different tire now that I'm up for new tires. (by the way, the front tires still had plenty of tread after 50K).
I went to Les Schwab and was talked-into Toyo T1R's. These tires are supposed to be a good performer (mixed reviews online - highly promoted by Schwab).
After about ten miles, i knew i was in trouble. If i swerved right and then left, I would lose all sense of control. These tires are also considerably noisier than
the Michelins on the freeway (this translates into a real noise problem in another 15K miles).
My primary reason for the post is to ask if anyone else has bent a rim and they did to resolve the issue (beyond putting down $5+ bills to replace the rim).
I bent my front right rim at about 10K miles but did NOT have any shutter or vibration in the car until i put these Toyo's on...long story short: I've been back to the Les Schwab dealer 4 times until they finally refunded me with the warning that "the michelin's will not fix your vibration because your rims are bent". Keep in mind that the rims have been bent since 10K miles.. So apparently the tire construct of the toyo's WILL NOT offer any forgiveness for a rim which is UNtrue.

So my TWO part question:

DOES ANYONE HAVE 545I OEM RIMS THEY ARE INTERESTED IN SELLING?
HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS BEING UNABLE TO BALANCE THEIR WHEELS DUE TO A SPECIFIC TYPE OF TIRE?

- Cheers all.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

check out the classifieds section. member ebmcs03, eric, in LA is selling his oem style 124's, which came straight off of his 545. also, there's a member in tampa gsxrdrew selling his as well which came off of a 550. both are the same wheels.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Man weezy,
You are all over the board these days. Good advice.

I had Toyo T1Rs. Wasn't a big fan. The tires looked stretched on 8.5" and 9.5" wheels. What does that tell you about lateral stability? :thumbsdown:
Old 06-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='436828' date='Jun 17 2007, 09:39 PM
Man weezy,
You are all over the board these days. Good advice.
yeah pretty much. i try to help, but i know a good number of my posts have been just compliments. no school until late september, and especially lately from what happened im mostly at home taking care of my mom and helping more around the house. during the in-between times at home im online haha. then just work, but i only work 3 days a week mostly but its good pay, and i was able to add my mods from that. then i just have some leisure times to get out of the house at times and chill if its not doing grocery or errands with my dad. thanks for the compliment joe.