E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2008 5 Series US Option Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='375027' date='Jan 8 2007, 09:32 AM
Here's a picture that I took of an E64 with Creme Beige.
Thanks rodybmw!
Cream Beige looks nice in the photo...

I plan on getting ventiliated comfort seats when I order my E60. Currently these only come in Nasca Sand Beige & Black. Presumably, these will now be in cream beige...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Senior Members

I may be wrong here, but IIRC not all interior colours are available in all territories. Dunno if that applies to the paint also.

ABC
Old 01-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='375033' date='Jan 8 2007, 10:29 AM
I may be wrong here, but IIRC not all interior colours are available in all territories. Dunno if that applies to the paint also.
That's a fair point but ...

- usually, Europe has more colour/trim options that the US and not the other way around
- it would be fairly unusual (and probably expensive for BMW) to standarize on cream beige for US models but have sand beige in other regions
Old 01-08-2007, 02:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='375037' date='Jan 8 2007, 10:46 AM
That's a fair point but ...

- usually, Europe has more colour/trim options that the US and not the other way around
- it would be fairly unusual (and probably expensive for BMW) to standarize on cream beige for US models but have sand beige in other regions
I assume "sand beige" is YOUR nomenclature.

ABC
Old 01-08-2007, 03:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='375039' date='Jan 8 2007, 11:10 AM
I assume "sand beige" is YOUR nomenclature.
Not exactly... it comes from reading the E90 forums too much

- Beige in the 3 series saloon/touring (E90/91) is referred to as sand beige. My understanding is that this beige is also found in the current 5 series saloon/touring (E60/E61). I can't remember where I read that; I'll try to find it.

- the beige in the 3 series coup?/convertible (E92/E93) is the new lighter cream beige. This beige has also existed in the 6 series (E63/64) for some time.

Of course if you go to the BMW car confiigurators they refer to both as just 'beige' but they are not the same.

Is it true that the beige in the E90/91 and E60/61 (referred to as 'sand beige' for the E90 by E90 fans) is the same? If not then I apologise for misleading anyone.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='375029' date='Jan 8 2007, 04:40 AM
Thanks rodybmw!
Cream Beige looks nice in the photo...

I plan on getting ventiliated comfort seats when I order my E60. Currently these only come in Nasca Sand Beige & Black. Presumably, these will now be in cream beige...

Not necessarly....BMW is very weird and different when it comes to stuff like that. Black will be offered, however, cream beige we will have to see. On the 6 Series, Non M Car, there is a $1,350 interior option. Creme and Black are offered in a pearl leather. The color of the leather is the same, however, the center of the seat has little pearl's in the middle of the leather. I have inserted a link below off of BMWUSA.com to see the leather. However, I DO NOT know if Pearl Leather will be offered on the 5 Series. I should have more information by the early to middle part of next week when all of the information is offically released.

http://www.bmwusa.com/byo/byohome.ht...=XAB70BMC281A0

Anything else I get, I'll post it!!
Old 01-08-2007, 04:34 AM
Senior Members

Updated Color Option: Space Gray has been added. So to make a comment before when we were discussing Plantium Gray, I believe this will be between Space Gray and Titanium Gray.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I am almost 99.99% sure the Sports Automatic Tranny is the same upgraded STEP that the new 335i uses. It has been modified for quicker shifting (approximately 40 % faster than regular STEP) can have paddle shifters on 335i (must select Sport Package) so expect those on this one as well. Also will kick down as many as 4-gears under certain conditions. Many on e90post are very happy with their new STEP. I am glad to see this as I am hoping it will be added to the MY08 e63/64 options list as I am trading in my MY05 at that time and I have been waiting for this ever since I saw it discussed in the 335i.

Now if I am wrong and it is a DSG look alike I think I will be even happier than with this modified STEP
Old 01-08-2007, 04:50 AM
Senior Members

Only time will tell!
Old 01-08-2007, 04:55 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='375074' date='Jan 8 2007, 01:47 PM
I am almost 99.99% sure the Sports Automatic Tranny is the same upgraded STEP that the new 335i uses. It has been modified for quicker shifting (approximately 40 % faster than regular STEP) can have paddle shifters on 335i (must select Sport Package) so expect those on this one as well. Also will kick down as many as 4-gears under certain conditions. Many on e90post are very happy with their new STEP. I am glad to see this as I am hoping it will be added to the MY08 e63/64 options list as I am trading in my MY05 at that time and I have been waiting for this ever since I saw it discussed in the 335i.

Now if I am wrong and it is a DSG look alike I think I will be even happier than with this modified STEP
I agree with you that it is highly likely that 'sports automatic transmission' just is just marketing-speak for the new shift-by-wire pistol grip, steering wheel paddles and upgraded faster steptronic. I would be very surprised if they have a DSG-style transmission; they are working on that but it is supposed to be very early in it's development cycle.

Quick Reply: 2008 5 Series US Option Updates