E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Silver 530i Impressions after delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Ordered: 2006 530i on Oct 1st, and due Mid Nov. 6 speed Manual, Navagation, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Prem. Sound Package, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar wood. 18" 7 Spoke wheels (style 123), euro reflectors, Sat Radio installed.

Hi Gang,

Well I took Delivery of the 530i Titanuim Silver/Black Leather. Navigation, Sport, Premuim, Cold, Logic 7, Sirius. Ect.

So far I am enjoying the car. Here are some pro's and con's I have come up with so far.

Pro's- Engine is great 255 Hp is magic in this car. The interior Comfort is nice. Spacious truck. Love the Dash. Conquered I Drive in one night, still learning the intricacies of the operation. (Can Angle Eyes be programed on Idrive, or do I have to go back to Stealer). Bi Xenon, it illuminates better than Bi Xenon on 330i I turned in. Love the tones, and the style of the Idrive computer.

Negative- the bumpy ride of the sport package run-flats. Can anyone help me out, I already lowered the PSI alittle, will it smooth out over time, or do i need to buy new tires? Autobahn 3M clear bra is noticable. and edge is dirty. Any remedy? IDRIVE is SLOW sometimes...can figure it out...sometimes car starts up with music, sometimes it takes 10 seconds.

Other highlights...Logic 7. Sounds crisp. NO distortion. Shifting is the smoothest ever on a car. Much better than old 330i. Mayeb the best shifter I ever had.

Concerns...are they really redesigning the front of the car to look like the new 3 series. Too bad, Ilove the nose now...but I guess I just missed out on this...oh well...maybe next time. I was really concerned about the HP for a 5 series, but the 255 is doign just fine. Not over break in, but i have taken it up in the rpm range, and it's sweet.

Overall...besides the bumpy ride, it's flawless. The wheel design is awesome. Overall, it's a great car, and the quality is great. Don't feel like i am driving a buggy anymore!
Old 01-17-2006, 09:22 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Trash the runflats.
Firm suspension + Tyres carved out of wood + Rough ride.

Do not lower the PSI, tests by manufactrues show a reduction of 3 psi can reduce grip by 5%. + increase wear by a similar amount.

Consensus seems to be 1. Michelin PS2's, 2, Conti SC2.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Congrats! Glad you like your ride, I love the iDrive too.

Bumpy ride is standard with RFT. Nothing much you can do about it. Changing the PSI on the tire doesn't help either cause RFT have stiff sidewall and that's what makes it bumpy.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='225467' date='Jan 17 2006, 01:24 PM
Congrats! Glad you like your ride, I love the iDrive too.

Bumpy ride is standard with RFT. Nothing much you can do about it. Changing the PSI on the tire doesn't help either cause RFT have stiff sidewall and that's what makes it bumpy.

I actually lowered my PSI to the BMW approved light-load inflation. This is not hazardous, and should not reduce grip (actually quite the opposite should happen).

I noticed it smoothed out the bumps, but I recently increased my pressures back to the fully-loaded 36/44 pressure before going on a long trip (gas mileage is better) and have not gone back.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Senior Members

non rfts are A LOT SOFTER!. I have put 19s on my car and my car runs smoother having 35psi in front and 36 in rear....
change those heavy wheels/tires...