Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Production Tracking

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered a 530i in Virginia. Here's the spec:

Silver Gray
Black Interior
Xenon Headlights
Cumfort Seats
Navigation
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package

Here's my question:

When should I expect to be able to start tracking the production process on line? The sales guy said the last 530 he ordered was delivered in 5 weeks but I should expect to wait up to eight. Anyone have stats on delivery times in the US yet?

Lastly, I am interested in the South Caorlina delivery program. Anyone have any experience with it yet?

Thanks.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:44 AM
Members

I am in the middle of the same process. Once your dealer places the order, he should be able to give you an order number. That number can be used on the BMW Owners Circle webpage to track your vehicle. I must say though that BMW's tracking seems to be a bit behind the actual progress of the vehicle. I ordered my car in the middle of October and it is currently being transported with a scheduled arrival in the US of 12/11. I plan on picking it up in Spartanburg. I am told that a BMW rep will contact me and schedule the delivery. I have yet to hear anything from them. I am looking forward ot this being a fun experience. I have a friend that picked up both a Z8 and an M5 that way and he enjoyed it. It may be a little different for the lowly E60 though, we'll see. Good luck with the process. Bob
Old 11-29-2003, 05:50 AM
Members

Thanks.

Are there any costs or benefits (beside the thrill of being at the factory) to picking up the car in Spartansburg?
Old 11-29-2003, 07:17 AM
Members

If there is a cost benefit, I am not aware of it. In fact, it may cost you more to pick it up in Spartanburg due to hotel cost, plane fare etc. Also, you may be driving your new car home which could be an issue depending on where you live.
Old 11-29-2003, 08:54 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ezwing' date='Nov 28 2003, 11:25 PM
I just ordered a 530i in Virginia.? Here's the spec:

Silver Gray
Black Interior
Xenon Headlights
Cumfort Seats
Navigation
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Unless something with respect to the availability of Navigation has changed, you won't see your vehicle before 2Q of '04. There has been talk of delivering cars ordered with Nav and retrofitting the electronics at the dealer when available, but nothing definite.