E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 bmw transmission slam disappointed in BMW

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525XI | Cold Weather Package | Premium Package No Mods Yet

You guys are getting me excited. As I too do not necessarily believe it's the transmission itself but could be a software issue. I feel when I drive my car at times, it does not know when to shift properly. The harder I push on the gas the more delayed the shifting is. And as far as downshifting coming to a stop, forget about it. I get kicked in the back like kid. So if this INGA reset of the gearbox works. Then it's a BMW miracle. I'm going to order my cables and software today. I'll keep you guys posted.

PS. I had got my transmission rebuilt and the kick back and shifting problems were still there, that's why I don't believe it's a transmission issue.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

Can you post the link to the cables and software?

Thanks
Old 07-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i premium and sport package. all stock for now... :/

Originally Posted by sunny 2005 bmw
.My family has owned three Bmws and has been loyal to the brand. Everyone has enjoyed their cars and had no problem. I just bought a 2005 545 and I am not happy at all. I have been experiencing transmission issues every since I bought it. At first I thought that it is normal. I took it in to the dealer and they said we will check it and never did. The issue I have is form 1-2nd gear and then shifting down form 2-1 it is really rough and sometimes it slams. The slam is so bad that it moves the car up and back like you are rocking it. I took if to the dealer again and they tested it could not duplicate issue. I ask the dealer to do a drive with me and I showed it to the shop foreman who said it is normal. I couldn?t get it to do it as bad as I have experienced it. The dealer is saying there are no codes and I can do a software update and it will cost me $400. I just paid $30k for this car and now I have to throw $400 in to it and that might not even fix the problem by the way the car is a CPO! I feel like this is a mistake and I will stay away form bmw in the future. I really expected better form BMW. Anyone looking for a BMW beware.
all you hve to do is pu the key in and turn it over, do not start the enginge!!!!!! then press the pedal down for 25 to 30 seconds.... all the way down.... this will fix your tranny issues, promise.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Can you post the link to the cables and software?

Thanks
I got my INPA version from here.

BMW K+DCAN USB Cable Interface link

G/L
Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by captainkirks5
all you hve to do is pu the key in and turn it over, do not start the enginge!!!!!! then press the pedal down for 25 to 30 seconds.... all the way down.... this will fix your tranny issues, promise.
The INPA reset seems to do something different. I have done the 25 second reset tip before, but it definitely is not the same as this INPA reset.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
The INPA reset seems to do something different. I have done the 25 second reset tip before, but it definitely is not the same as this INPA reset.

nomis_nehc

Thanks for the info I wondered about this also
Old 07-27-2011, 05:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 525xi

I just did the INPA reset last night. There was definitely a difference! I still feel a little bit of a "jerk" when going from stop to start.. but it's much better than before. That "jerk" is actually more of a pause though... I'll hit the gas, start accelerating.. it'll go, then pause for a sec, shift, then keep going.

Probably take it that's normal at this point though? Slow shifting?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rizbel
I got my INPA version from here.

BMW K+DCAN USB Cable Interface link

G/L
The prices for these cables are all over the place....am I to assume $90 for a cable is better than $40?? What should I stay away from?
Old 07-29-2011, 05:05 AM
Members

My Ride: e60
Model Year: 2005

Anyone get their tranny recoded and still experience the rough shift ?
Old 07-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by PrimeTimeTSA
Anyone get their tranny recoded and still experience the rough shift ?

If by recoding you mean software update I got mine updated and the rough shift is still there. I am going to do a fluid change and see if it helps.

Quick Reply: 2005 bmw transmission slam disappointed in BMW