E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 550 iPod playback "issue"

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i apologize if this has been previously answered but my feeble search attempts retrieved insufficient answers - so here is the circumstance and question:

I have an 07 550i - last year I had the dealer install the iPod intergration kit so that I can access music via iDrive. It mostly works well. This board helped me realize that I could use my steering controls to rewind and FF tracks.
That was one of two complaints. The second complaint is this - whenever I turn the car off - even if for a few minutes, the last track I was listening to begins at the beginning instead of where I left off. If I'm in and out of my car constantly, you can imagine how annoying it is for the same song to start everytime I get in.

Is there a way to have the iPod begin playback where I left off previously? Is this an itunes setting? I looked at the iPod settings several times and do not see this option. FWIW I'm using a 4th gen iPod nano.

Thoughts? Experiences? Please share
Old 08-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Mine does the same thing it did it when I first had it installed I got it fixed by a coding it again but it now does the start over thing again it is like it loses some of it's programming.

Try a recode an see if that helps and for the record it did it with my first gen ipod touch, Iphone 2nd gen and my classic that i currently use.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Members

when you say recode you mean have the dealer recode it? Simply explain the issue and they'll understand what to do? Or this a DIY issue? Can I take it to an indy shop?
Old 08-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

recdode as if you just had it installed worked for me (also I don't have to pay for the re-code) but, months later reverted back to playing a song and then when you shut the car off it starts the song over again really annoying.

Try this it worked a couple of times shut the car off when you stop but leave the ipod playing for a min or two then turn the car off and see if it starts over or resumes. Not sure if I locked the doors or not try both ways and see I can't duplicate it on demand but, I just noticed it on occasion as I may be talking on the bluetooth when I stop so the ipod is paused I gotta try again also to see, when I get my car back I am having him look at the issue again so it may be working when i get it back