E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

**!JUST HAD THE WORST DRIVING EXPERIENCE!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i

OP - the question you posed is interesting, but you asked it in such a way as to encourage people to abuse you in their responses. Your grammar, punctuation, and general use of the language are atrocious.

I worked hard for decades to put myself in a position to be able to drive a BMW. Among the things I count strongly towards my own success is an ability to communicate well. Your posts seem to have been written by a four year old. I am confused and a little discouraged that someone with your writing skills has the ability to own an E60. This means that I have clearly failed to understand something basic about life up to this point.

It does sound to me that a) your friend may be pressing the throttle and the brake together, and b) you aren't completely familiar with the behavior of your car's transmission when in DS mode.

Edit - your profile says that you are 19 years old. That explains much, although I still encourage you to work on your writing skills. As they are, they will hold you back. Please drive your car sensibly.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Will Greer' post='853359' date='Apr 20 2009, 10:19 PM
OP - the question you posed is interesting, but you asked it in such a way as to encourage people to abuse you in their responses. Your grammar, punctuation, and general use of the language are atrocious.

I worked hard for decades to put myself in a position to be able to drive a BMW. Among the things I count strongly towards my own success is an ability to communicate well. Your posts seem to have been written by a four year old. I am confused and a little discouraged that someone with your writing skills has the ability to own an E60. This means that I have clearly failed to understand something basic about life up to this point.

It does sound to me that a) your friend may be pressing the throttle and the brake together, and b) you aren't completely familiar with the behavior of your car's transmission when in DS mode.

Edit - your profile says that you are 19 years old. That explains much, although I still encourage you to work on your writing skills. As they are, they will hold you back. Please drive your car sensibly.
Well see buddy thats life you earned your bmw and congratulations, i am sorry for not spending my time in great detail to correct my spelling and grammer, as i am a student and have other work to focus on. Sometimes i regret even posting anything b/c half the times its rather garbage than help. As far as him driving again, clearly he wont be anymore I did do a tranny reset so that might be of help.

I only posted to find out if anyone else has come across this.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Members

Also, its funny how everybody jumps to just attack each other.. if this is a community help would be the goal as i would assume. As far as my intellect, this is actually funny once again i feel like this is more fighting than actual help, but by me typing quick/ "msn style" does not necessarily reflect my knowledge or power to purchase a car.

"Will Greer" If you insist that intellect is what is required to purchase a 19 thousand dollar bmw than i believe you are incorrect.

Not hating on anybody but would really appreciate the conversations without the cut-throat comments

* its been typed slowly for those who cannot tell the different between "you" and "u" aka 4 year old convo.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Will Greer' post='853359' date='Apr 20 2009, 07:19 PM

Words, for once, fail me...
Old 04-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Members

If any Admin is reading this then please delete this thread as it is of no help. thank you..
Old 04-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='850712
wow, now that is my kind of response!

really, i dont like the sound of the OPs story. his buddy is driving, he is playing accident preventer by throwing the thing in neutral. sounds like crap that my friends and i would do when we are kids. i am not going to insult you, but i am going to make the assumption you are one of our younger members and you are driving foolishly. that said, a little of responsibility goes a long way. there are very few reasons to let your friend drive your car... 1. you are intoxicated, 2. you want to touch his weiner.
The use of the word weiner seriously made me cry laughing!!

To the op. Calm down. When you are asking questions people seem to get really frustrated when they cant even read the question because it is typed so bad. Slow down, put atleast some decents sentences together. I sometimes get excited to and type some stupid shit, no one is perfect. Your grammar is something i would expect from nelly and the st lunatics.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by Will Greer' post='853359' date='Apr 20 2009, 07:19 PM

Keep in mind that success can be measured in many forms - it is not within the sole domain of intellectually gifted english speakers to own and operate an E60. That you are dismayed/discouraged at the thought that someone gramatically challenged owns the same model car as yourself reeks of intellectual elitism. Many here have achieved success through methods not requiring the ability to craft a thesis. Some don't hold english as their native tongue. Some may have aquired wealth through trades, sales, sports, song, and many other methods. While writing may not be their strong point, other skills may and often prevail. There is no real prerequisite to ownership outside of the ability to pay. Excellence in grammatics hasn't been a requirement when purchasing, nor should it be.

To the OP - the problem may be related to the well-documented 2 to 1 downshift "slam" that was the bane of many 545 drivers - including myself. Sounds fairly similar - on the downshift while braking, the car seems to lurch forward without warning, often making a slam/bang sound. There is no mechanical cable linkage to control the throttle in these cars - it's all done via drive-by-wire. The detriment to this is the chance - however remote - that faulty input sensors (eg throttle position sensor, MAF sensor, cam/crank shaft position sensors, etc) can cause undesired movements on systems that use such sensors in lieu of the traditional cable linkage. Hopefully it was simple operator error. Good luck.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Senior Members

UH.......... Interesting tread to see how people are...

first of all I would agree that if you are NOT ANY HELP dont post anything to get people mad.

I also young, i love this car so much. will never EVER let anyone drive my car, its another one of the reason i get manual.. LOL
Old 04-21-2009, 12:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ezslim' post='850664' date='Apr 18 2009, 12:31 AM
"while stopping the car sort of jerked and stalled"
This is not normal behaviour for an automatic car, I would suggest getting the fault codes read (I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure that not all faults show on the idrive) by your dealer or an independent.

Also, my boss had a problem with his accelerator in his E39. The car would randomly start to accelerate and wouldn't stop for 30 seconds or so.

Hope this helps
Old 04-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Members

thanks guys, the posts above were helpful unlike the few from before.. But I would like to request to the Admins to delete this thread now ?

Quick Reply: **!JUST HAD THE WORST DRIVING EXPERIENCE!!