DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Rear window anti-trap reset

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 03:06 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005, 545i, sports package, auto trans

Thank you everyone for the post on this DIY. Now for the sorry souls, like me, that had their window stuck in the up position... I sat in the rear seat and went nutso for an hour trying to follow the instructions to no avail... The window would not roll down... I opened the door I was working on and tried again and the window rolled down!!!!!! I then started the procedure exactly as directed (17 seconds) and fixed the problem. I turned the car off and restarted and the "Anti" message went away in Idrive!!! Remember to try something new if your problem is not exactly as described (like me with window stuck in up position).
Old 09-09-2015, 05:56 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi

All, this was an awesome fix! Thanks!
Old 11-11-2015, 05:46 AM
Banned

My Ride: magsmuroVE
Model Year: magsmuroVE
Engine: 88442377368

Thanks from Portugal
ti works
this car is a pain in the a**
Old 02-09-2016, 04:17 AM
New Members

My Ride: E61

Good instructions worked perfectly. No more dreaded beep when I start the car
Old 05-10-2016, 04:33 AM
New Members

My Ride: 530i

Thank you!!!! Worked like a charm.

Hold it down for exactly 17 seconds and you can't go wrong.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:54 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 525D SE AUTO
Default Bmw 2004 525d se

[QUOTE=sbhudia;653801]************************************************** ****************************
ATTENTION ALL THE ULTIMATE FIX
************************************************** ******************************

I have been trying to rectify this problem on my car for about 4-5 months now and have tried searching all over the internet and could not find a method that worked. It was either not specified correctly by other members in the forums or I was not following the instructions correctly. Either way the problem is now resolved and a Big Thank You for RUDY'S instructions shown below as they were spot on.

1) Roll down the window all the way from the "broken" window (it wants to stop every xx inches, keep making it go down all the way)
2) I released the switch
3) I pushed and held down (I heard from another place that it needs to be exactly 17 seconds)
4) After 17 seconds I immediatly pulled up on the switch to roll the window up (it went all the way up).
5) after the window went all the way up, and still holding the up switch, it rolled all the way down, and then all the way up once more.
6) After #5 the process was complete and the window was functioning normal again.

Note: You will need to read the instructions carefully and follow it to the T, as a small step in the wrong direction will negate the whole initialization process.[/QUOT

Thanks this worked for me
Old 07-07-2016, 08:05 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Base

Originally Posted by clburch
Where is the technical gallery? Is there a direct link to the pdf?

@Rudy

Same question
Old 07-24-2016, 09:02 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi
Default finally a solution that works!!!

[QUOTE=Mark Bunting;1580146]
Originally Posted by sbhudia
ATTENTION ALL THE ULTIMATE FIX
************************************************** ******************************

I have been trying to rectify this problem on my car for about 4-5 months now and have tried searching all over the internet and could not find a method that worked. It was either not specified correctly by other members in the forums or I was not following the instructions correctly. Either way the problem is now resolved and a Big Thank You for RUDY'S instructions shown below as they were spot on.

1) Roll down the window all the way from the "broken" window (it wants to stop every xx inches, keep making it go down all the way)
2) I released the switch
3) I pushed and held down (I heard from another place that it needs to be exactly 17 seconds)
4) After 17 seconds I immediatly pulled up on the switch to roll the window up (it went all the way up).
5) after the window went all the way up, and still holding the up switch, it rolled all the way down, and then all the way up once more.
6) After #5 the process was complete and the window was functioning normal again.

Note: You will need to read the instructions carefully and follow it to the T, as a small step in the wrong direction will negate the whole initialization process.[/QUOT

Thanks this worked for me
YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! followed your directions and it worked on the first time, I've been trying to fix this for literally a year until I just ran across you directions, thank you!! The only thing I want to add is that my key was in the on position but engine was off and I actually used my iPhone to time the 17 seconds. Now gotta clear the stupid passenger restraint error
Old 09-16-2016, 09:02 AM
New Members

Default Work perfectly

Originally Posted by Doug0403
Worked like a charm for me on the second try.

I did not hear any beeps, I did accept the inital warning that comes on when you start the car, and go into service codes to see the actual "anti-trap" error when I performed it for the second try.

Also I believe you CANNOT sit at the driver side to perform these unless the driver side window is the one with the issue.

Here were my steps...

1) I had the car started
2) Roll down the window all the way from the "broken" window (it wants to stop every xx inches, keep making it go down all the way)
3) I released the switch
4) I pushed and held down (I heard from another place that it needs to be exactly 17 seconds)
5) After 17 seconds I immediatly pulled up on the switch to roll the window up (it went all the way up).
6) after the window went all the way up, and still holding the up switch, it rolled all the way down, and then all the way up once more.
7) After #6 the process was complete and the window was functioning normal again.

Hope that helps.
I did exactly like you said and it works perfectly.. Btw I did exactly 17 seconds..
Old 10-05-2016, 09:29 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545i M sport 6 speed

Wow!!! I tried so many different methods for months and this one finally worked! Thank you very much

Originally Posted by doug0403
worked like a charm for me on the second try.

I did not hear any beeps, i did accept the inital warning that comes on when you start the car, and go into service codes to see the actual "anti-trap" error when i performed it for the second try.

Also i believe you cannot sit at the driver side to perform these unless the driver side window is the one with the issue.

Here were my steps...

1) i had the car started
2) roll down the window all the way from the "broken" window (it wants to stop every xx inches, keep making it go down all the way)
3) i released the switch
4) i pushed and held down (i heard from another place that it needs to be exactly 17 seconds)
5) after 17 seconds i immediatly pulled up on the switch to roll the window up (it went all the way up).
6) after the window went all the way up, and still holding the up switch, it rolled all the way down, and then all the way up once more.
7) after #6 the process was complete and the window was functioning normal again.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Rear window anti-trap reset