DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

restart pc, plug usb cable back in, load NCS and try again. Don't forget to select the module you want and then Read ECU
Old 10-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did that several times. Nothing changes...

Oh... i also can't verify the car errors with INPA. Maybe the same cause.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525i M54 2005 Alpine White Sport/Cold/Premiun Sound/Active Steering Navigation/PDC/sport seats/6 CD Changer

Originally Posted by fov001
hey guys, can someone confirm if this method will work with my 525i 2005? This are instructions on how to disable the Legal Disclaimer that pops up when the car is started, using NCSExpert....

http://ausbmw.com/tutorials/NCSTutorial/

let me know if this will work.

Thanks in advance!

About a week ago I didn't even know where the OBDII port was on my BMW lol. Not many people like to help newguys because the information is "out there". Well, I can say that my best teacher was/is READING...READ AGAIN, AND AGAIN, this and other threads. This is what I managed to code on my 2005 525i with Navi.

AMBAND
VEDEO_DENY_COB (don't know how this works )
LEGAL_DISC
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB (this will open and close windows with keys, I didn't have the _FB_O_SH line)
DC_DIGITAL_V
WEATHERBAND
DOUBLE BLINK HAZARD LIGHTS ( I wonder if we can do the same with signal lights?)
RTTi (Traffic Information)
ACOUSTIK

tried the Welcome lights feature but it does not work (I guess I have to wire my AE :thumbsdown: )

Well, for the newguys out there (like me) I strongly suggest reading THIS POST FROM REVTOR, The guys is very thorough in the subject, all you need is to be patient. if you need cables + software you can visit this guy on Ebay, you'll find the latest, complete package with video tutorial and training pdf's (You can also find all this on the internet, but trust me, if you buy it what you get for the price is worth it ).

For everyone else here...Thanks and keep posting .
Old 10-24-2011, 03:16 AM
Members

Hello, I have a problem with an Trailer tow bar electrics error message. Can I code something to make this message disappear ? My car had one Trailer but the old owner take it when sold the car. Please help me.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by C_o_s_m_i_n
Could anyone tell why do i have this error when reading some of my car modules with NCSexpert? I.e. LMA or KBM.
When i read and code CAPPL, IHKA, PDC or KOMBI, no errors.
The car is E60 520d 08.2008.
It's most likely a version conflict.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally works ! Now works also the reading of whole modules with NCS and also INPA.
I changed all folders containing the program data, until... finally works.
Now i made a backup of the folders, to have it for the future.

Indeed was a conflict in the soft. Phisically the cable worked fine.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by larry_bml
Hello, I have a problem with an Trailer tow bar electrics error message. Can I code something to make this message disappear ? My car had one Trailer but the old owner take it when sold the car. Please help me.
The towing options sounds familiar so I think I saw it in there somewhere. If this is all you want to do you should just ask a dealer to change it for you.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
The towing options sounds familiar so I think I saw it in there somewhere. If this is all you want to do you should just ask a dealer to change it for you.
Thank you for your answer, but I prefer to do it my self. In our town the dealer doesn't know everything about coding, they only know to connect the car to ISTA and let ISTA do the jobs, they don't know even to activate my fog lights, but to deactivate a Trailer module....
Old 10-26-2011, 01:56 AM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

Originally Posted by larry_bml
Thank you for your answer, but I prefer to do it my self. In our town the dealer doesn't know everything about coding, they only know to connect the car to ISTA and let ISTA do the jobs, they don't know even to activate my fog lights, but to deactivate a Trailer module....
Remove AHM3+ from FA, recode whole car, if errors show up during the coding then code LM, CCC and PDC manualy.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:52 AM
Members

Thank you! I will try it.

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods