DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

NCSExpert Code Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I activated the acoustic locking/unlocking feature but the acoustic sound is very low. Is there a code to make it louder!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by hatemax
I activated the acoustic locking/unlocking feature but the acoustic sound is very low. Is there a code to make it louder!
I activated it for one of the forum members and his is very low and yet mine is very loud
Old 02-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blood,

Can you compare TRC files for both cars and see the deference? For sure there is some value for siren volume!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hatemax
Blood,

Can you compare TRC files for both cars and see the deference? For sure there is some value for siren volume!
No sorry.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Members

Hi Blood, Thanks for activating all those stuff for me abit dissappointed with the locking/unlocking acoustic will get my mate to have a look at the wiring diagrams to find out what part makes the sound, spoke to my friend from BMW and he said he will check how much he can get a new LCM for me with staff discount.

So will be giving you a shout once i have the new LCM , also he does work outside BMW so if anyone wants to get their service or any sort of work done on there Bimmer (any BMW/Mini, model, year) then i'll give you his contact details just PM me, (his got all the bmw tools and computer softwares and gadgets) also he was shocked to here about the NCSExpert and other softwares and said he will look into these.

Plus his price are way cheaper also if you get your service done with him he will stamp your service book with the original stamp for BMW and BMW Mini and give you receipts for the parts which are from bmw for parts warranty purposes. (he even does back dated stamps).

His a mster tech at bmw by the way.

Once again thanks blood.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

I can't remember where I read it - I think it was a OEM alarm retrofit.

Something about they installed the alarm and tried to manually edit the trc files. Got the alarm to sound but it was very low. They then figured to go the route of updating the VO and doing a expert mode code and got it working with the louder volume.

That is what I think I might remember about some of it possibly.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

Did some coding with NoQuarter today, success!

HUD:
BLINKER_AUSSTATTUNG (turn signals in HUD)
aktiv
working

VIDEO_DENY_COB Enable video functions while driving
(set to deny_never)
working

CAPPL
MDrive
activ
HUD_M
activ

HUD
M_SPORT_HUD
activ

M-HUD working on my 2008 LCI. However, the graphic RPM meter doesn't seem accurate to me. It's designed/calculated for 9000RPM on M5, so you're actually at 6000 (almost redlining), but still in the green zone on the HUD.

Gears are working OK but you need to drive in sport mode and engage at least one manual shift to display gears.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:26 AM
Senior Members

Maybe the M HUD RPM mapping/calculation can be changed too, I'll put some investigation into it.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Contributors

Teleservice trace functions coming shortly
Old 02-13-2011, 01:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
Noquarter the IHKA one only works on the IHKA high, will not function on my basic IHKA.
What's the difference between IHKA high and basic IHKA please?

Quick Reply: NCSExpert Code Mods