DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

nav business to pro upgrade programming hell, help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Originally Posted by hhk31257' post='799532' date='Feb 23 2009, 08:35 PM
so it has alot to do with progman being the same version as the software installed on the ccc.
great info mates!
i installed the old parts again (except the controler high) so the dealer can do the programmation tomorrow
i put all the parts back without attaching the screws etc so once the update is done he'll connect the new ccc and screen and then do the retrofit
i'm sure this thread can help other people as well to better understand how progman etc works

i'll update this as soon as i get my car back.
Hi hhk31257

Sorry to tell you but you also have to put the "right" I-Drive controller back in the car , in order to update the cars software , if not , the PROGMAN will come up and won't do the update of the software due to a "wrong" I-Drive controller.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='799594' date='Feb 23 2009, 04:02 PM
Hi hhk31257

Sorry to tell you but you also have to put the "right" I-Drive controller back in the car , in order to update the cars software , if not , the PROGMAN will come up and won't do the update of the software due to a "wrong" I-Drive controller.
my initial programming went fine with the high i-drive controller in place. you can not do the retrofit coding of the CCC with the "low" controller though.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 545felix' post='799595' date='Feb 23 2009, 04:05 PM
my initial programming went fine with the high i-drive controller in place. you can not do the retrofit coding of the CCC with the "low" controller though.
oh god... i hope i don't have to put the damn i drive controller back... seems i'm not trough the shit yet
the thing is that i need to get the car back on Wednesday so i can get my car serviced at another dealer
once i get it serviced at bmw i wont be able to go back to the local stealer cuz hes gonna cry his eyes out, and bmw didn't want to do the coding for the retrofit.. "meh meh to be honest i don't like all that fiddeling with the car!, this is not a simple car radio!! everything is connected to eachother blaat blaat" was their answer...

if i had known better i would have demanded a software update without changing any devices and then change everything to the pro version and told them to simply click on "retrofit" lolz
all i can do now is wait till tomorrow and see what happens when i call my local stealer, i'll post when i get news
Old 02-25-2009, 12:30 AM
Members

update:

i just called the local dealer and its still fucked
he reprogrammed the car to the latest version with the original equipment (i drive controler high still installed), everything went fine
then he connected the new professional navi screen and ccc but progman doesnt want to code it.. he says he tried every possible way in progman and it just doesnt work
he also tried to code the new ipod interface and that also doesnt work. o_O

so i'm back at square one but with less money in my pocket.

the dealer keeps going on about the cableing (cuz he heard that the retrofit kit contains new cables, but that is only if you dont have nav yet?)
he says it MUST be that the old cableing is not sufficient else they wouldnt add new cables in the retrofit kit, lol?

to clarify what i did:
i used the original cables for everything, i did not wire any new cables at all
i basically just swapped the screen, controler, and ccc
i did not yet install the extra navigation cable to the CAS and the FAN of the ccc is also not connected yet because i wait for the cable to connect it

any ideas?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:54 AM
Contributors

without wanting to say told you so....
please read the post that dirk put about this very same thing...you can ONLY over come it by doing what mark (at cartronics) says in his reply.

you can try but without this way/coding it just wont work properly.

all of your existing cables LVDS included are fine...its him and the way he is trying to code it...there is only 1 way to get it to work........
Old 02-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Members

ye, ok.. autologic...
i have absolutely no idea if there is any dealer around here with autologic (i live in belgium)
guess i'm going for the phone book then..

btw, the dealer with progman said he gets the error "the device needs to be changed" as if it is broken
so the other dealer said it might be that the version of the ccc doesnt work with car (older build date), but i guess thats bullshit?
ccc is dated 07/2004 and the car is dated 09/2004

also the first dealer who did the program also tried to code my brand new ipod interface with the original mask installed and progman detected it but when the programming starts progman kicks him out (kick him out of what? who knows...)