DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

LCI taillights retrofit by using NCS and simple retrofit wiring kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 525xi Alpine White

Originally Posted by Ehssan
LM1 LCI taillights project is completed as well as another small project which exactly the affects of V6.1 cable but without the V6.1 cable .. V6.1 affects is the easiest and the simplest coding process I've ever seen in my life ..

but since no one showed up any interest ,, I will stay quiet and call it a happy day

and this thread is going to heaven because it's a money saver , that's why no one liked it
No way, I'm definitely interested. I've been checking this thread waiting for the update. I have the tails in the trunk and ready to swap and code the LM1
Old 03-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like more interest then you thought

Old 03-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Show me the money!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by alpina04
Show me the money!
Show me the boobs!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Many BMW's

I'm sorry guys , I was out of the country for urgent business trip ,, just came back .. completely exhausted ( 3 hours sleep in 48 hours ) .

I need a rest please , but mean while please guys make sure you have ordered the retrofit cable PN 61120140220 ,, and also , if you are not familiar with NCSexpert and you don't have the data cable , then forget about this project ,,

for ppl like nomis_nehc and other expert ppl , just get the retrofit cable ,

I will complete my paperwork for the LM1 and do the final test and then will get back to you with the final result ..
Old 03-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Contributors

Hehe, nah, I am not going to bother to tinker with mine anymore. I am all set. I have the brake effects done via modding the circuit board last year. I believe I was one of the first person to do the mod in the States.

I would just like to know to help other people that will come to me to do the mod. It would be simpler than cutting parts and soldering the board
Old 04-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

OK I am going to go against what I normal do, where I don't comment on alternative solutions to my cables. I think alternatives are great for both, buyers and sellers. However on this occasion I have received so many questions about this 'new' solution as compared to my solution that I will explain things here.

1. This is not a 'new' solution. This is a variant on an older solution where previously some German after-market dealers made a cable where the LED bars were being run in parallel to the FOG lights and then coded the car up differently.
2. This solution assumes you have the means to custom code your car. My solution sold via www.mironics.com is targeted at people that can't code or don't want to pay people to code their car.
3. However more concerning is that this variant of the solution is disabling an important safety feature of the car i.e. the Lamp failure detection. If your Brake lights blow, you will NOT get a warning on the dash-board. I went to great lengths to maintain this feature on my kits using electronics. Try this, hit the brake without the Brake light bulbs with my kit, you will get an error - which is what you want. This solution will not give you any error even if both brake light bulbs fail.
4. The previous solution was better in that respect in that it only disabled the Lamp Failure warning from fog light bulb but maintained it on the Brake. Besides looking cool the lights serve an important safety purpose, please respect that.
5. If the reason why this variant chose the Brake line as the route to power the LED bars instead of the Fog because with the Brake you can get the LED bars to light up bright, then I have a hybrid design as well. It's a custom cable which is a lot cheaper than the V6x. It contains a few electronic components, but gives you full brightest on the LED bars. You still need to custom code the car but you will retain the all important Lamp Failure checks for the Brake Light bulbs.

As I said, I provide people with a means to retrofit LCI lights without coding their cars. But if people can code, then there have always been alternative solutions available - including BMW's.

P.S. : Contact me if you can code your car and want a ready cable that is cheaper than the V6x while providing you bright LED bars and retaining the error checking of the Brakes.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:40 AM
Contributors

Bruce : first of all I'm not a competitor and I'm not offering anything for sell .. but with all the respect to what's you've said but it's not true , your kit doesn't provide any error if the bulbs are removed/damaged ( there is 3 resistors in your kit to handle the errors ) , so I'm sorry to say but your sales marketing materials are not good enough

non of my solutions disable's any bulb check unless it's connected to the LED ( the turn signal and the LED bars ) , but you are 100% that this is not for newbie's but I'm sure even if someone paid for coding , it wont be 250 or 150 pound.

last point I will like to point is that I don't really understand from which point of view you are saying that your kit provides brighter LED light ,, Did you test my solution on the LM2 ??? did you measure the voltage of the LED's ??? .. I'm sorry to say but I'm 100% about what I'm saying : NO YOU CAN'T MAKE IT ANY BRIGHTER than I did , and if you think I feed the LED's with the 3V from the tail bulb , then I have no comment in this case cuz this was used in 2008 when first those taillights released in market .. , I don't want to talk more technical stuff , I know what I'm doing and ppl soon will tell if my solution is nice or not ... ppl are not stupid and they know how decide which one is better for them .

again , I'm not a competitor , and I'm not against your business ,, you do this business for living but I'm not , I'm completely in a different direction , a lot of people offered me a lot of free things here on this forum , and I'm paying it back to them ,, because I know ppl will use my solutions as part of their day to day business ...

so take it easy Bruce and and ppl knows how to contact you , you don't need to offtopic in each thread ...

PS : you sounds very rude in your post , if I sound the same , then maybe because of you
Old 04-01-2011, 03:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Hehe, nah, I am not going to bother to tinker with mine anymore. I am all set. I have the brake effects done via modding the circuit board last year. I believe I was one of the first person to do the mod in the States.

I would just like to know to help other people that will come to me to do the mod. It would be simpler than cutting parts and soldering the board
cool ,, I'm here to help too
Old 04-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Contributors

Actually Ehssan, the Bruce's cable, at least V6 (that I know), does provide error if the brake bulb(s) is blown/removed.

I have tested this long before when I was figuring out the brake effects.

In any case, the reality is that some business will probably not occur for the v6.1 cable once Ehssan release the info, but that's what the community is about anyway. Similar to how the VIM for CIC was defeated.

With that said, at the end of the day, we're all after the same thing: making our cars look awesome

Quick Reply: LCI taillights retrofit by using NCS and simple retrofit wiring kit