DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Intake grate removed

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
from my recollection I believe Eloy performed dyno's with and without that grate and did not see an increase with the air scoop

from the thread I linked above (RPIpower = eloy)

I know he didn't state he performed dyno's, but I'm almost positive he did, as he dyno's all of his products with different set-ups, I'm confident in his methodology and findings

feel free to contact Eloy/RPI directly, I would love to see your dyno's tho
Fair enough. I do believe the gains (if of any significance) are so minimal that they would get lost in the "noise" of testing.

I do not have the luxury of owning my own dyno and as a result I pay for time on one. I will have dyno results coming in the near future to reveal metrics on more significant upgrades, but am probably not gonna spend my pennies on dyno'ing the intake grate since I doubt it will add much value to the forum...at least not as much value to offset the hit to my wallet. I was OK with dyno'ing the magnaflow exhaust earlier this year because I (as well as others on the forum) was curious just how much power would be lost going with a dual exhaust, and we were pleasantly surprised when it didn't lose any power. I saw value in sharing that information to the forum and hope others are willing to contribute their findings in the same spirit.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

^

screw the dyno's..invest in a vbox and let's see some trap speeds
Old 12-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
^

screw the dyno's..invest in a vbox and let's see some trap speeds
+1!! A dyno can say one thing but the vbox does not lie!