DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Sticker removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Poplar Grain wood interior trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Premium Package, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC automatic transmission, Active Steering, Xenon Adaptive Headlights with dynamic auto-leveling.

Removal of stickers:

Upper left window: no problem, took it right off then used a razor blade to get the goop off the window, then used non-acetone nail polish remover to get the litle bit that was left

Glove compartment: Again no problem, came right off, no residue, wiped with a clean wet cloth.

Driver side visor: came off with non-acetone nail polish remover, a little white residue is left........any suggestions???

Passenger side visor: a little confused....same sticker......used same procedure......now a have a lot of black residue that looks horrible......HELP before the wife sees it!!!

Dealer sticker: came right off....cleaned up with nail polish remover

Any suggestions on how to remove 5 series plaque???
Old 09-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

What about the sticker next to the idrive knob?
Old 09-16-2004, 10:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Poplar Grain wood interior trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Premium Package, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC automatic transmission, Active Steering, Xenon Adaptive Headlights with dynamic auto-leveling.

Forgot about that one....gimmeee two minutes
Old 09-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Members

Center console sticker: come right off.... a little remover for residue
Old 09-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Members

Still need some help with the visors.....wife just got home....keep'n her away from the car
Old 09-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Contributors

I used Goo gone and it didn't really help. I was told 100% Acetone will take care of it. I have the same problem, I just can't find the Acetone. GooGone took away some of it but you can still see it. and the passenger side has the black dots.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:16 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Sep 16 2004, 03:14 PM
I used Goo gone and it didn't really help. I was told 100% Acetone will take care of it. I have the same problem, I just can't find the Acetone. GooGone took away some of it but you can still see it. and the passenger side has the black dots.
acetone is nail polish remover...
Old 09-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Contributors

But not all Nail Polish remover uses Acetone.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

Peanut oil?

Hair dryer?

bug/tar remover?

...mmmmm :'(
Old 09-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Contributors

Hair dryer will not work on the residue. Go for 100% acetone. or try Goo gone. It may work for you.

Quick Reply: Sticker removal