DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

E60 M-Style Replica Rear Spoiler Installation (Pics and Questions)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by wtlb
Just ordered the M-Style Replica Rear Spoiler in Alpine White. I hope I have the luck of the fitment Gods on my side.

I will post pics once I have it installed.
Okay!! It arrived yesterday. It took about 10 days to get to Los Angeles from Taiwan. The paint job looks good and it matches well. I just installed it today. Can't wait to take the tape off and take pics.
Attached Thumbnails E60 M-Style Replica Rear Spoiler Installation (Pics and Questions)-img_1738.jpg   E60 M-Style Replica Rear Spoiler Installation (Pics and Questions)-img_1739.jpg  
Old 06-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay!! It arrived yesterday. It took about 10 days to get to Los Angeles from Taiwan. The paint job looks good and it matches well. I just installed it today. Can't wait to take the tape off and take pics.
Looks good make sure you post pics of it after the tapes off
Old 06-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hdee
Bougt "BMW E60 REAR A TYPE ROOF & M5 TYPE TRUNK SPOILER" from eBay delivered & painted in Carbon black for £120
Received it the other day paint job looks great & good match, Roof spoiler stuck on & perfect fit.

Got to the Trunk spoiler & it was such a bad fit that not all of the spoiler made contact with the trunk, so i just pulled it off.

1. Just wondering is this because mine is the LCI model, did the trunk design/shape change?
2. Has anybody else had problems with fitment?

I dont think the boot / trunk lid changed between pre and post LCI, looking at the pics it looks like the tape didnt adhere enough on the corners. Try using 3M tape and the solution to help it adhere properly.

Tape the sucker down and let it dry a good couple of hours before lifting the tape off.

Hope you get it sorted
Old 06-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Alrighty!! Here's the finished product. I like the way it came out and it makes me feel good that it was all under $100.
Attached Thumbnails E60 M-Style Replica Rear Spoiler Installation (Pics and Questions)-img_1740.jpg   E60 M-Style Replica Rear Spoiler Installation (Pics and Questions)-img_1743.jpg   E60 M-Style Replica Rear Spoiler Installation (Pics and Questions)-img_1742.jpg  
Old 06-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Hey bro you do know that Taiwan and Korea are not the same right?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Hey bro you do know that Taiwan and Korea are not the same right?
Who is this in reference to? I know the difference. I've been to both countries.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Members

Alrighty!! Here's the finished product. I like the way it came out and it makes me feel good that it was all under $100.
Thanks for the pics. job well done. and thanks for sharing did you have to put a lot of the activator stuff?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Members

Advice on installation.... There's a "crest" that runs along the top of the trunk lid. Does the new spoiler install on top of that crest?
Old 07-06-2012, 11:37 AM
New Members

Managed to sort it out.

The reason why the trunk spoiler didnt fit was because i stuck it on the wrong please D'oh so embarrassing
The trunk spoiler actually attaches on the corner end of the boot at an angle & not on top :roll:
Fitment is actually 100% & had great service from the seller oemthing on eBay.

Overall cant complain 2 spoilers, delivered & painted in for £120 []

E60 M-Style Replica Rear Spoiler Installation (Pics and Questions)-abc.jpg
E60 M-Style Replica Rear Spoiler Installation (Pics and Questions)-img-20120628-00357.jpg
Old 07-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by hdee
Managed to sort it out.

The reason why the trunk spoiler didnt fit was because i stuck it on the wrong please D'oh so embarrassing
The trunk spoiler actually attaches on the corner end of the boot at an angle & not on top :roll:
Fitment is actually 100% & had great service from the seller oemthing on eBay.

Overall cant complain 2 spoilers, delivered & painted in for £120 []

Attachment 134684
Attachment 134683
looking good thanks for sharing

Quick Reply: E60 M-Style Replica Rear Spoiler Installation (Pics and Questions)