DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DIY: Increased Emission No More!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010 | 12:25 PM
Members

I know the valves are only cheap, but it's still worth having a look at the state of your current ones to see if it's really worth replacing them. It's not guaranteed that this is the cause of your problem

This thread should help, although the right side valve in his photos may actually be in a different position on yours (his has an upgraded head cover on that side, so chances are your right side one will be in the same position as the left side):

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...-pictures.html
Old 03-22-2010 | 01:37 PM
Members

I can not find the code key at costco...anyone know where to get it?
Old 03-22-2010 | 09:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by jditroia
I can not find the code key at costco...anyone know where to get it?
I tried to pm you but was unable to for lack of post on your end. I believe you need a minimum of 5 post.

Have you tried ordering online at costco's website? And sorry about not seeing the attachments. They were there before the update to this site but now they're gone
Old 03-23-2010 | 08:06 AM
Members

I did try to find it on-line but was not able to locate the item....do you know the model number or part number?

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat
I tried to pm you but was unable to for lack of post on your end. I believe you need a minimum of 5 post.

Have you tried ordering online at costco's website? And sorry about not seeing the attachments. They were there before the update to this site but now they're gone
Old 03-23-2010 | 08:10 AM
Members

Oh BTW, any of you in the Phoenix area needing their BMW serviced...do NOT go to Airpark Auto Clinic....they said the issue of my stalling was the MAF....I bought one put it in and same thing....didn't change a thing. They didn't even check the pressure regulating valves...I pulled one out b4 I ordered them and it was torn...I am hoping this is the problem...

I did try to find it on-line but was not able to locate the item....do you know the model number or part number?
Old 03-23-2010 | 08:39 AM
Members

If the valve is the problem, you won't need the code scanner/clearer. The check engine light should clear after a couple of ignition cycles once the problem is fixed.

As far as I know, these valves were the subject of a voluntary recall in the US, so it's a bit disappointing that garages aren't checking them as a matter of course when an N62 car comes in with emissions issues.
Old 03-23-2010 | 09:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Originally Posted by spandex
If the valve is the problem, you won't need the code scanner/clearer. The check engine light should clear after a couple of ignition cycles once the problem is fixed.

As far as I know, these valves were the subject of a voluntary recall in the US, so it's a bit disappointing that garages aren't checking them as a matter of course when an N62 car comes in with emissions issues.
My dealer never told me about a recall on this item however, they did tell me this was a "common" problem on the V8's and had approximately 30 pairs of these PRV in stock...
Old 03-23-2010 | 09:18 AM
Contributors

Item number 375265. That's what it says on the back, not "Model Number" but "Item Number." PM me, maybe I can get it for you and mail it if you'd like but... at your expense of course.
Old 03-23-2010 | 02:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat
My dealer never told me about a recall on this item however, they did tell me this was a "common" problem on the V8's and had approximately 30 pairs of these PRV in stock...
This is where I got that info: SIB 11 03 06

The recall was only in the US according to a dealer I spoke to (I was seeing if they'd do mine for free... before I realised how easy and cheap it was)
Old 03-28-2010 | 07:00 AM
Members

Got my pressure regulator valves and installed.

I have to say the car is running better, no stalling.

However the service engine soon light is still on, and still getting the "increased emissions" warning.

Any other thoughts?

Originally Posted by spandex
This is where I got that info: SIB 11 03 06

The recall was only in the US according to a dealer I spoke to (I was seeing if they'd do mine for free... before I realised how easy and cheap it was)

Quick Reply: DIY: Increased Emission No More!!