DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DIY: HID Reverse Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60
Very nice DIY!! But like Marc mentioned, it's a bit too much for me. I guess I'll be paying you a visit soon. Is that Raj's (rkhettry23) E60?
Yup. That's Raj Raj!

Originally Posted by NC916
dam, you have to take the panel off to get to the cig lighter cant I get the cig from the passenger side?
Can't. Unless you wanna fish to the fuse box but then, I only want a connection that's ON when the car is on. You know how we are are idiots and always to forget to shut off something

Originally Posted by tonymac
Wow! Outstanding... Though, that would take me a month and a half to do...
Nah. Mebbe 3 hours the first time

Originally Posted by musashi530i
hey john, if i only want the functionality of the hid reverse w/o the switch, what part do we stop if we dont want to put the switch right now? still trying to understand the whole process... if i dont think i could do it, everybody keep an eye for the hid reverse kit in the classifieds! lol.
LOL. Just plug everything in the back and that;s it. U wouldnt need the switch. Stop at the diode part. It's VERY easy. It's honestly easier than the HID angels unless u add the switch.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 530I

You can fish through a wire from the driver side to the passenger without going through the ECU firewall, that's what I did with a different wiring. I want to do that instead of going through middle would that be fine? I always break clips so I'm trying to avoid it. Haha
Old 05-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

thats one detailed DIY john!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Contributors

Glad I could help. Everything is working great. I will take some photos soon and add them to this post. Thanks a lot, I can finally see (better) out of my tints
Old 05-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 08' 550i

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
stop talking about my orange shoes. I LOVE THEM! LOL. Should check out my neon green ones
hahha...u gotta see those Neon ones...i might be picking up a pair of those myself..they're mad light..this install is a pain in the ass ( i don't have patients for these things...lol)...it was worth the drive to see john..
Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg

This is a DIY for HID reverse with on-the-fly switch. Please be caution that this may NOT be street-legal and for off-road use only!

thi s is no joke! i installed my last night w/o the switch. i dont know how you can use the switch on the freeway / side street / pretty much anywhere you drive, without getting pulled over. this stuff is bright!!! i was parked on the street in front of my house when i tested it, and my reverse lights illuminated my neighbors house down the street, probably like 4-5 houses down, he has a two story house and his house was like put on blast!!! (his house is located on end of the street where it curved). will try to post some pics up tonight. thanks john!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by NC916
You can fish through a wire from the driver side to the passenger without going through the ECU firewall, that's what I did with a different wiring. I want to do that instead of going through middle would that be fine? I always break clips so I'm trying to avoid it. Haha
Yeah Of course. It's all up to your imagination when you want to tap the signal in the end but most importantly, tap it so it's not constant power. Use ignition power (power u only get when the car is on) to prevent any mishaps.

Originally Posted by jasperxli
thats one detailed DIY john!
thanks Jasper!

Originally Posted by rkhettry23
Glad I could help. Everything is working great. I will take some photos soon and add them to this post. Thanks a lot, I can finally see (better) out of my tints
Thanks Raj. I'll have a for sale thread coming up. I can kind of mass produce them but it takes me 30 minutes MINIMUM to make the kit.

Originally Posted by fabolous531
hahha...u gotta see those Neon ones...i might be picking up a pair of those myself..they're mad light..this install is a pain in the ass ( i don't have patients for these things...lol)...it was worth the drive to see john..
Old 05-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: e60

seems pretty easy

:l

fairly similar to my install of the basslink sub

good shit
Old 05-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I really want to do this........... lol.... it seems really difficult.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Members

reverse lights off
DIY: HID Reverse Lights-11052010017.jpg

reverse lights on
DIY: HID Reverse Lights-11052010016.jpg

what a difference! thanks again john!

Quick Reply: DIY: HID Reverse Lights