DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

DENSION 500 Coding by Autologic for M-Ask ( single CD)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by immy28
hi there,

I have installed the GWM 500 with BTA1500 after coding my e60 with Autologic for iPod Retrofit option. I can play usb, ipod and it also shows the text on my idrive. Bluetooth streaming also works and when I receive call it shows up on my idrive, The only problem is that I cannot accept call with steering wheel buttons and similarly cannot make calls as idrive doesnt show phonebook or contact list. Anyone having same problem or expert advise>

thanks in advance.
Check this thread https://5series.net/forums/topic/95225-dension-bta1500/

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:30 PM
Did you guys ever resolve this issue? I just wanted to share that my car has had the Dension 500 w/ BTA1500 with NO BT/phone activation from dealer. I can see my contact list from my previous iphone 3gs and my current iphone 4. The contacts list will not show right up. You have to dig for it.

Try this:

- Go to your i-Drive settings and assign one of the steering wheel buttons (diamond/star) to the phone book (it's an option)
- Once you have your phone paired with the BTA1500, on the communication section of the i-Drive, you will see your phone's name in the lower left of the screen even if the system tells you to call BMW for more information (meaning phone not activated)
- If you press the phone icon on the steering wheel, it will try to connect (mutes the radio) for 10-15 seconds.
- While it's doing this, if you press the steering wheel button that you assigned to the phone book, you will see your contact list. It may take a while for everthing to show up if your list is big.

Now there are more tricks to actually dial from the car without having to activate anything from BMW. It's just that you have to go to some extra steps. But to summarize, I can make calls, receive calls, pull my recent calls, dial from the i-drive menu because of the BTA 1500 WITHOUT touching my phone and without any Phone/BT activation from BMW (besides off course the iPod initial activation).

I think what the BT activation does is give you straigh access to the dial menu/contact list without having to do those short cuts.

I know it's an old thread, but I hope that helps and that I explained it well. I'll try to do a short demo video one of these days.

Greg
Old 08-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Members

thanks for the reply, the problem is that I dont have option on my idrive to assign (diamond/star) to phonebook, I got only these options for (diamond/star) buttons

1 - Mute
2 - Display On / Off
3 - Select Source

Also if you have experience the mic problem with BTA1500, the person on other side of phone cannot understand a word of me.. I have installed the mic to OEM location inside the interior light on headlining.. any help please.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Members

All fixed with little magic of autologic tool ...happy days@@@
Old 04-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

did you get all the functions working off the bta1500 and do they work like the factory bmw bluetoth