DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

CPT9000 EjectBox and Frame DIY

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

All the slide does is adjust the connector to accommodate the two different batteries available on the V60. (One is fatter so the phone sits higher in the eject box.)
Old 06-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbelk' date='Jun 25 2004, 06:29 AM
[quote name='ranieriwm' date='Jun 24 2004, 08:03 PM'] Just passing along what I was told by the dealer.
Your dealer is correct. I just checked the BMW TIS site and the phone install/config bulletin mentions CIP 11.3 being required. That is a "NEW" item in the instruction steps, coming after connecting those trunk antenna cables, and before reprogramming the TCU.

I am assuming that since my ED car was held up at the VPC for a "Software Campaign," that I have 11.3 installed.

-MrB [/quote]
Well, using your excellent instructions, I installed the eject box on my 5er today. Have you figured out which connectors need to be "connected" in the trunk and where in the trunk they're located?

I talked to my dealer last week about reprogramming the TCU, and they gave me an estimate of about $300. Am I mistaken, or does this sound just a little high?
Old 06-27-2004, 08:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Originally Posted by fuenfer' date='Jun 26 2004, 11:53 PM
Well, using your excellent instructions, I installed the eject box on my 5er today. Have you figured out which connectors need to be "connected" in the trunk and where in the trunk they're located?

I talked to my dealer last week about reprogramming the TCU, and they gave me an estimate of about $300. Am I mistaken, or does this sound just a little high?
Excellent. Behind the left-rear trunk panel, behind a little "cubby" storage box, close to the taillights, were two coax-cables with magenta clips that looked identical to the ones that connected the eject box to the car in the center console.

One of the cables had a little "barrel" type connector and one was "open" I snipped the wire-tie holding the cables in place, removed the little barrel "cap" and connected the wires together, and the re-tied the bundle together.

$300 seems a little high, since the PDF file that I downloaded from bmwwireless.com says that it's an hour job. Did the $300 quote include the ejectbox assembly? I got mine from Circle BMW for about $150.

-MrB
Old 06-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mrbelk' date='Jun 27 2004, 10:15 AM
[quote name='fuenfer' date='Jun 26 2004, 11:53 PM'] Well, using your excellent instructions, I installed the eject box on my 5er today.? Have you figured out which connectors need to be "connected" in the trunk and where in the trunk they're located?

I talked to my dealer last week about reprogramming the TCU, and they gave me an estimate of about $300.? Am I mistaken, or does this sound just a little high?
Excellent. Behind the left-rear trunk panel, behind a little "cubby" storage box, close to the taillights, were two coax-cables with magenta clips that looked identical to the ones that connected the eject box to the car in the center console.

One of the cables had a little "barrel" type connector and one was "open" I snipped the wire-tie holding the cables in place, removed the little barrel "cap" and connected the wires together, and the re-tied the bundle together.

$300 seems a little high, since the PDF file that I downloaded from bmwwireless.com says that it's an hour job. Did the $300 quote include the ejectbox assembly? I got mine from Circle BMW for about $150.

-MrB [/quote]
MrBelk:

Thanks again for your help. I'll take a look in the trunk later tonight or tomorrow.

The $300 quote was strictly for labor. My dealer said that reprogramming the TCU was a tricky job. I'm shopping around for different dealers right now, hoping one will stick to the 1-hour guideline in the PDF file.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Guest_Gizmo

Mr. B : Could you fill me in on the content of the BMW bulletin re: CPT9000/v60 and those magenta coax connectors. Did it specifically say to connect them to enable antenna feed from sharkfin to cellphone ??? How do I find them ???

My phone has its idiosyncracies but the major problem I'm having is poor antenna reception and dropped calls.

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

No Guest Gizmo's allowed here.

Signup you hidden one
Old 06-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

He already did a while ago.

He even has one official post located here!!
Old 06-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Guest_Gizmo

Guys ...

I was here at the begining !!!

When DAS took his self imposed exile and retreated to the land of "doit", I was there.

His site has exceeded my expectations, and of late even has some useful info (gotta give the old boy some credit ) !!!

Now if I could only remember my password !!!
Old 06-30-2004, 03:48 AM
Contributors

Mr. Belk,

Would it be too much trouble to take a picture of the connectors and their location? In know you're already done now, so it might be a PITA. It might help all the future readers....

James
Old 06-30-2004, 04:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

Originally Posted by Guest_Gizmo' date='Jun 29 2004, 08:45 PM
Mr. B : Could you fill me in on the content of the BMW bulletin re: CPT9000/v60 and those magenta coax connectors. Did it specifically say to connect them to enable antenna feed from sharkfin to cellphone ??? How do I find them ???

My phone has its idiosyncracies but the major problem I'm having is poor antenna reception and dropped calls.

Thanks.
Gizmo,

The bulletin was just a step-by-step procedure for what needed to be done to get the CPT9000/v60 working in all the different cars that supported it. For the E60, there was a step that wasn't mentioned in the install instructions available on the bmwwireless.com site. That step was to remove the trunk liner and connect the two exposed antenna cables (one of which had a little barrel cap on it). I made the assumption that one of the cables went to the shark fin and one of them went to either the TCU or the center console to be plugged into the ejectbox.

You can easily find the antenna cables in the trunk by removing the left rear trunk liner (there are two "screw-rivets" that you can pop out with the flat-head driver from the tool kit and then the whole panel will come right out). You'll also need to lift up the spare tire cover in order to remove the panel.

I will take a picture of the trunk area where I found the cables tonight.

-MrB

Quick Reply: CPT9000 EjectBox and Frame DIY