DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 04:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
whats the difference between an LCI CCC and the one that we have????

The LCI CCC has 8 favourites buttons and the hardware is better I think, It`s faster than the 1st gen CCC and the haptic feedback was removed which is a damn good reason own it`s own to get rid of it.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:44 AM
Members

i hear ya, is it just a matter of swap over? or is there a lot more involvement?? i'm gonna enjoy my one for a while then some point next year attempt the CIC
Old 12-11-2010, 07:05 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by BLooD
You can read the error logs from within NCS, check the menu bar at the top.

For welcome lights you need to two things:-

Set VA_WELCOMELIGHT to active in CAPPL.
Set WELCOMELIGHT to active in LMA.

The welcome light function seams dependent on the LCM (light control module, LMA in NCS), I have found the function only exists in the second generation LCM which was introduced from around sept-oct 2006.
It may also appear in a first generation LCM with the latest software.

CAPPL still gave me an error (error_ecu_incorrect_response_ID). I went back to read the module again and the correct welcome setting was set to active so it seems to have taken the change anyway.
I programmed LMA next (with no erros). During the programming the headlights came on and went off.

So in testing the welcome lights, I expected to see the low beams come on when I unlocked the car. Is this what I should have seen? I see no new behavior at the moment.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Contributors

CAPPL seams to give this error at random points. You should get:-

Eyebrows
Angel eyes
Interior lights
Registration plate lights. have you checked the option in the light menu?
Old 12-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

CAPPL seams to give this error at random points. You should get:-

Eyebrows
Angel eyes
Interior lights
Registration plate lights. have you checked the option in the light menu?

I did notice I get the error randomly.

I finally noticed the Welcome Lights setting in iDrive (and I selected it) but still don't see any change in lights when I unlock the car. I'll get back to this one after I recover from my fails.

My wins and Fails today:

Wins:
1) Got digital speed in my cluster
2) Removed legal notice in iDrive
3) Got Welcome lights menu setting

Fails:
1) Tried close sunroof on autowiper. Had to initialize sunroof afterwards (expected) but it won't initialize. I changed the setting back to the orignal trace file and the sunroof still will not inialize.
2) Tried to-deactivate requiring the brake pedal to be pushed to start the car. All I accomplished is I can't turn off the car via comfort access (without the key in the slot). I can start without the key and foot on the brake and I can turn off the engine but to turn off the car I have to put the key in and turn it off that way. Changed back to original settings and have the same result.

Any thoughts on this? Making module changes ----> not getting expected bahavior ---> reverting back to original trace file ---> Not getting the original behavior. Like in my fail #2 - I went back to original settings but didn't get back to original results.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

You can read the error logs from within NCS, check the menu bar at the top.

For welcome lights you need to two things:-

Set VA_WELCOMELIGHT to active in CAPPL.
Set WELCOMELIGHT to active in LMA.

The welcome light function seams dependent on the LCM (light control module, LMA in NCS), I have found the function only exists in the second generation LCM which was introduced from around sept-oct 2006.
It may also appear in a first generation LCM with the latest software.
No Welcome lights here.
Coded the CCC and LMA with the above enrties, option is showing in iDrive but cannot select it.
So gues it wont work with the first gen. of LMA. Damn.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I did notice I get the error randomly.

I finally noticed the Welcome Lights setting in iDrive (and I selected it) but still don't see any change in lights when I unlock the car. I'll get back to this one after I recover from my fails.

My wins and Fails today:

Wins:
1) Got digital speed in my cluster
2) Removed legal notice in iDrive
3) Got Welcome lights menu setting

Fails:
1) Tried close sunroof on autowiper. Had to initialize sunroof afterwards (expected) but it won't initialize. I changed the setting back to the orignal trace file and the sunroof still will not inialize.
2) Tried to-deactivate requiring the brake pedal to be pushed to start the car. All I accomplished is I can't turn off the car via comfort access (without the key in the slot). I can start without the key and foot on the brake and I can turn off the engine but to turn off the car I have to put the key in and turn it off that way. Changed back to original settings and have the same result.

Any thoughts on this? Making module changes ----> not getting expected bahavior ---> reverting back to original trace file ---> Not getting the original behavior. Like in my fail #2 - I went back to original settings but didn't get back to original results.
Did you check to see if the file was reverted to original?
Old 12-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sas
Did you check to see if the file was reverted to original?

Good point. I'll do another trace and validate what is in there. It will be in the AM here in the US.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Contributors

I forgot you need to have the headlights set to auto with the green light lit when you switch off and lock the car.

1 make backup of the module trace
2 you can use stand expert profile to code the module and it will revert back to default settings.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sas
No Welcome lights here.
Coded the CCC and LMA with the above enrties, option is showing in iDrive but cannot select it.
So gues it wont work with the first gen. of LMA. Damn.
I get the same, can see the option but not select it in drive, I see your car is an 04, so I guess it doesn't work even if you activate it in LMA.

Looks like you need to have the 2nd gen LMA

Quick Reply: Car Coding