DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i JB4
Default SA616 online internet

hi
I also added 616 and 613 to the FA and only got this far too where it says there is no GSM service available. I'll have to check to see if I have TCU but what needs to be coded there? I couldn't find blood's DIY/thread that was mentioned.

If I still have CPO, I think I have BMW assist subscription so I think I have everything that is needed unless there is some other physical hardware that I need? I am 2008 LCI

thanks
-p

Originally Posted by andy545
OK, so added SA616 (online) to the FA list and activated :

CAPPL

aktiv
ONLINE_DISABLE_CONTENT
content_enable
ONLINE_DISABLE_VMAX
standard
SIM
aktiv
ONLINE_CALLSTRATEGY
use_csd_paketdata

Result is partial success - I'm not sure if ONLINE is available in Holland but I can't get past the "accept" button. When i press it I get this message: tel not available - although my cell phone is clearly connected.

Attachment 116924
Attachment 116925

Aside from that - how does one initialize BMW Assist?

Attachment 116926

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">
Originally Posted by BLooD
You need to have a valid assist and connected drive account first, heres a litle food for thought, I disabled my online and then retrofitted it with progman and it added SA 616 plus SA613 internet services to the vehicle order and coded both CAPPL and TCU.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Members

Am i the only one who have different VIN between the ncsexpert is showing and the real one one the car(or secret bc menu)?
Old 10-12-2013, 12:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by purin
hi
I also added 616 and 613 to the FA and only got this far too where it says there is no GSM service available. I'll have to check to see if I have TCU but what needs to be coded there? I couldn't find blood's DIY/thread that was mentioned.

If I still have CPO, I think I have BMW assist subscription so I think I have everything that is needed unless there is some other physical hardware that I need? I am 2008 LCI

thanks
-p
You need to have an Assist account which you have to pay for, in the UK it`s £125 per year.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:26 AM
Members

hi Blood,

If this is what you are referring to: BMW Roadside Assistance - BMW North America
then I think I am covered under CPO for another 6months.

Is assist required for just the activation of internet or that service is required in conjunction with your mobile data plan? I am confused how the car gets connect to internet. I thought via blutooth to mobile data plan.

I have called in a tow before and was covered under the program. Is there something that needs activating in the car so it knows I have it or internet recognizes this and connects?

Once the assist service is expires, does the internet automatically not connect as well?

thanks
uki
Old 10-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Roadside assistance is different to connected drive (BMW Asisst)
Old 10-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Members

hi blood,

I am reading up on the connectdrive 6NR and combox $6VC for bmw online BMW ConnectedDrive : BMW Online / BMW Assist I think I am getting a bit confused.

BMW online is part of 6NR correct or different for CCC?

It seems Bruce went with CIC + combox https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...review-109842/ but I'm not ready to invest $2k euro for this.

For BMW online to work on CCC, I actually need new hardware instead of just software, is this correct? My understanding is combox media/assist only work with CIC... how did you get it to work on CCC? Did you change the production date to trick it to CIC and code in BMW online? If you have DIY somewhere, can you share with me please?

thanks
-p
Old 03-14-2017, 02:13 AM
New Members

My Ride: F30 320i PRE LCI

Hello bimmers out there!
i have read every post you everybody wrote on this topic, i really learnt a lot from you guys, you are the real heroes for E90.
i have managed to collect all the FDL codings in this thread for you and upcoming newbies searching for it as cheat sheets do not include everything you mention.
So as a favor from learning from you guys, attached below a link for
FDL condigs mentioned here
Modules name
DRL LM1
Aux retrofit
LM2 Retorfit
Welcome Lights**

thats it
https://mega.nz/#F!sgxzyTqB!Z6z9QnSNNKXxkXzmjj_XDQ

you can say thanks by checking my page below for F series codings
i will be messing around E series in the upcoming days
www.facebook.com/TheGarageEgy
Old 03-16-2017, 02:33 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 535i M-Sport
Model Year: 2010

Hey guys I was trying to avoid having to ask on here, but after several attempts I can't figure out whats going on lol

Today I replaced my factory side mirrors for oem e60 m5 side mirrors. My car is a 2010 e60 with SA430 power folding factory installed.

Prior to installing the m5 mirrors, I had successfully coded my car to auto fold with remote with the factory mirrors.

After installing the m5 mirrors, I lost the remote fold option. I did try accessing NCS expert and repeated the whole process of coding for auto fold with remote, but with no success.

The m5 mirrors do fully function and fold upon pressing the fold button inside the car.

Any ideas?

Thanks !

Last edited by christoepurrr; 03-16-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:46 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 30d, E39 35i
Model Year: 2004, 2001
Engine: M57n

Hia, i'm struggling with this, hoping someone can help...i need outputs to change to the low level, would anyone able to advise what code value/module i would need to change the base stereo (MASK) to HIFI?
Old 07-19-2017, 06:29 PM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by jinsta
Hia, i'm struggling with this, hoping someone can help...i need outputs to change to the low level, would anyone able to advise what code value/module i would need to change the base stereo (MASK) to HIFI?
Assuming you replaced your base stereo just code the new VO id

Quick Reply: Car Coding