DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Sas
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520i ('04)

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
why not add a MOST DSP and then you can get a nice clean signal to pump into any amp you want.
Can I use the Top-Hifi Logic 7 DSP Amp from BMW to get a signal to power the SWS's and a sub in the trunk?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
why not add a MOST DSP and then you can get a nice clean signal to pump into any amp you want.
That's at least a $700 (DA1000) up to $2000 (AGW+) proposition.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sas
Can I use the Top-Hifi Logic 7 DSP Amp from BMW to get a signal to power the SWS's and a sub in the trunk?
If what you have is a HiFi system then you can do that right now, no need of any MOST conversion or coding.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by heartpumper
Anybody have any idea of how to recode the stereo from logic 7 to hifi so I can install a JBL MS8
Although you can code an E60 from Logic7 to HiFi in a CCC/M-ASK iDrive, the HiFi that you will get is not going to be the 3-Series balanced signal analog output that you may be expecting in your E60. You will get an hybrid of a high level (high pass) and a low level (low pass) signal outputs at your CCC/M-ASK.

However, if your E60 iDrive is the CIC then you will get the more convenient and cleaner balanced output by coding.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Contributors

And about the CIC...

This is the Automatic Day/Night setting enabled in the CIC by coding in a E90 M3, it should be the same exact coding for a E60 CIC. The problem is that it only shows in the screen but it actually do nothing when selected (no change in Map display when headlights are ON).

I've been looking for a coding solution since August to no avail. I think that there should be another variable that needs to be coded to enable in full this feature, most probably in the KOMBI (instrument cluster) or even in CAS. Any tips will be much appreciated.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

The RLS controls the rain and light sensing, maybe in there there's a function for it. I have noticed that some functions are linked across modules. Also the LMA controls the light functions.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BLooD
The RLS controls the rain and light sensing, maybe in there there's a function for it. I have noticed that some functions are linked across modules. Also the LMA controls the light functions.
Thanks...
Old 11-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

Originally Posted by Technic
If what you have is a HiFi system then you can do that right now, no need of any MOST conversion or coding.
Just the standard crappy sound.
With the M-ASK unit there was a nice highlevel output to the sub's that i used to drive a Amp in the boot for the SWS's. Now with the CCC there is lack of highlevel output, the gain is opened to far on the Amp and the woofers have interfierence and they pop (realy loud) when ignition is turned off. So i'm back to stock for now, thats why the question about the DSP L7 Amp.
We'll see, just bought one from fleebay.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sas
Just the standard crappy sound.
With the M-ASK unit there was a nice highlevel output to the sub's that i used to drive a Amp in the boot for the SWS's. Now with the CCC there is lack of highlevel output, the gain is opened to far on the Amp and the woofers have interfierence and they pop (realy loud) when ignition is turned off. So i'm back to stock for now, thats why the question about the DSP L7 Amp.
We'll see, just bought one from fleebay.
The low pass, high level output that you are looking for is at the HiFi OEM amp, not at the CCC.

The CCC output to the OEM amp is low level balanced.

I don't see what's the benefit of an L7 amp just to get an input signal for an underseat woofers aftermarket amp.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

awesome thread
still waiting for my D-CAN cable to get started. Particularly interested if M-HUD will activate on my car.

Quick Reply: Car Coding