DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by BLooD
Yes that's it, it will then read the VO and set the functions in the module. This is what progman and ISTA/p does when doing retrofits.
oh, I just realised TCUM was added to my list by Ehssan (for info purposes I presume) - I don't have it in my ECU list in NCS... only MULF

is that bad news with regard to ONLINE? can I add something else to the FA list?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by andy545
oh, I just realised TCUM was added to my list by Ehssan (for info purposes I presume) - I don't have it in my ECU list in NCS... only MULF

is that bad news with regard to ONLINE? can I add something else to the FA list?
Yes its bad news, the MULF is just basic bluetooth and no telematics, I don`t think you can have Assist or Online with the MULF, it needs to be the telematics control module (TCU).

I just looked through an MULF trace file and theres hardly any functions at all.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by BLooD
Yes its bad news, the MULF is just basic bluetooth and no telematics, I don`t think you can have Assist or Online with the MULF, it needs to be the telematics control module (TCU).

I just looked through an MULF trace file and theres hardly any functions at all.
check.

if one would find a TCU module on ebay - where would the module sit in the car (electro-schematically speaking) - ie. easy retrofit ?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:55 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I should have my old TCU (telematics) unit available for sale this week. It replaces the MULF in the boot over the left wheel arc behind the amp.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ehssan
I'm sorry I was mistaken when I said you can't encode using NCS , i completely forgot that adding FA's to the VO will do the job ,,, but yeah bruce cable FTW ,
Ok, thanks. I'm sure that a guy (Smercki), Italian Forum BMW manages to do the coding to run only the tail light Lci. He change only the cables and do the coding. Do not make adapters and miscellaneous forms. If you want to put only the tail light ICI without replacing Lma, he is able to encode all the features and flicker-free.
He has done work on many e60 and e61, inside and outside the forum and wanted to understand how it works.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ehssan
I'm sorry I was mistaken when I said you can't encode using NCS , i completely forgot that adding FA's to the VO will do the job ,,, but yeah bruce cable FTW ,
Ah ... he uses only original parts bmw
Old 01-31-2011, 05:06 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

what that guy is doing is simply disabling the error checking on the bulbs and then rewiring some stuff on the lights. It doesn't give you the exact LCI look but works without errors.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
what that guy is doing is simply disabling the error checking on the bulbs and then rewiring some stuff on the lights. It doesn't give you the exact LCI look but works without errors.
I do not know what he does technically, but the tail light, which he edits, will operate normally,... they give you error messages if a bulb burns out, they do not flash when you turn the first time and they work like the classic tail light LCI ...

Sorry for my english...
Old 01-31-2011, 08:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

I am trying to enable the DRL on/off on idrive. I am able to code the DRL option on the idrive in CAPPL module ((DAY_RUN_LIGHT_CCC to aktiv). I can see On / off in the idrive but when I want to turn off the DRL and it does not happen. Any idea what else should I change?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

guys , did anyone tried to disable the seatbelt dang ??

Quick Reply: Car Coding