DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Originally Posted by andy545
From what I understand the features you're looking for exist only in LM2, so would be interested in this answer as well miguex.
I thought LM2 only exist for LCI cars and my car is a pre-lci. I don't see LM2 in NCS.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by miguex
I thought LM2 only exist for LCI cars and my car is a pre-lci. I don't see LM2 in NCS.
Nope... My '07 (not LCI) has the LM2 module. Depends on build date I think. Others have updraded to the LM2 module.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Nope... My '07 (not LCI) has the LM2 module. Depends on build date I think. Others have updraded to the LM2 module.

You mean that they changed the ECU? I mean the LMA module with a new LM2 ? Because i have the same problem, i have an 10.2006 E90 and i have FRM module, not FRM2, i will have to change the FRM with FRM2 for welcome light working?, or i can just make an software upgrade to FRM to FRM2?

And one more question, maybe is dummy , but ... , what means LCI ? How do i know if my car is LCI or not?
Old 01-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 535d M Sport

Originally Posted by andy545
Can anyone access their LMA in INPA ?

I can access it in NCS but not INPA funny thing is the file is present in the EDIABAS ECU - it's apparently the wrong version...mine's from 22 June 2010 -- maybe someone can shoot me their (older) file if available so I can try...

here's the error I get:

Attachment 116653

I get EXACTLY the same error as you with INPA Andy (I have a preLCI but the LM2).
NCS works ok though... I have managed to code my fog lights to come on with the welcome lights
Old 01-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Just to clarify the LM2 was introduced in OCT 2006, I have it and my build date is OCT 2006.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by miguex
When I did my LCI lights retrofit, I had to upgrade to the LM2 - that's why I have it. Like it's mentioned here, it was introduced in 2006 and you will need it if you want the added features.

Originally Posted by larry_bml
You mean that they changed the ECU? I mean the LMA module with a new LM2 ? Because i have the same problem, i have an 10.2006 E90 and i have FRM module, not FRM2, i will have to change the FRM with FRM2 for welcome light working?, or i can just make an software upgrade to FRM to FRM2?

And one more question, maybe is dummy , but ... , what means LCI ? How do i know if my car is LCI or not?
yes, new upgraded LM. If the equivalant exists on the E90 (FRM) you will need an updated LM.
LCI= life cycle impulse aka facelift. I had the same question about "upgrading" my old LM - but it was a no go.

Originally Posted by ///MrSingh
I get EXACTLY the same error as you with INPA Andy (I have a preLCI but the LM2).
NCS works ok though... I have managed to code my fog lights to come on with the welcome lights
MrSingh - I followed your errors with the LM2 - I had the same symptoms and I also updated that prg file (compliments E60Coyote) and can now access the LM2 in NCS. Thankfully that's resolved now.
Ideally, would be nice to access the diagnostics as well. Maybe Blood or NoQuarter can inform us if they have INPA access ?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

INPA works for me just fine, it complains that the files are newer than expected but works none the less. I use DIS v57 for diagnostics as INPA is starting to show it`s age, BMW standard tools v2.8 is the one to find but I can not find it anywhere.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:07 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

luckily I have LM2 , I spent the whole day playing with NCS , I had almost everything , I'm not sure why welcome light doesn't work .. but in the trc file there is a lot of options for the welcome light ,,, guys who had the welcome light works ,, what exactly did u do ?

cornering light is so funny , it turns the high beam on when turning left or right ,,

any idea which option to play with to have my angel eyes on as DRL ,, cuz i'm going with the orion V2 and I would love to have them on all the time ,, I see a lot of options with DRL in the LMA trc file ,, but donno which and what for ..

Blood : let me know if you found the 2.8V , I tried yesterday to find it online ,, with no luck
Old 01-23-2011, 05:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

INPA works for Me as well. I do get some sort of warning about a language mismatch or something like that but I still use it.

I use the INPALOAD executable. INPA does not work for me and I don't understand the difference.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by BLooD
INPA works for me just fine, it complains that the files are newer than expected but works none the less. I use DIS v57 for diagnostics as INPA is starting to show it`s age, BMW standard tools v2.8 is the one to find but I can not find it anywhere.

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
INPA works for Me as well. I do get some sort of warning about a language mismatch or something like that but I still use it.

I use the INPALOAD executable. INPA does not work for me and I don't understand the difference.
I use the inpaload as well. hmm...wonder why my and mrsingh's not working. Have you guys installed EDIABAS, INPA, ncs expert using standard tools exe. ?
I just copied the 3 folders to my C: drive using this DIY :

NCS_DIY.pdf

Can I use my current cable to use DIS as well ? What do you use DIS for Blood ?

...I'm close to information overload !

Quick Reply: Car Coding