DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bhavi_jp, wish I can provide some insights but just got familiar with the coding only a few days ago. I'm sure you checked but just in case, make sure when you read the module, the *.Man file has to be empty in the work folder. Or else it will throw an error similar to that. Another time, I reread the module and then it programed fine after I had an error during the execution of the programming earlier.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by RootKit
bhavi_jp, wish I can provide some insights but just got familiar with the coding only a few days ago. I'm sure you checked but just in case, make sure when you read the module, the *.Man file has to be empty in the work folder. Or else it will throw an error similar to that. Another time, I reread the module and then it programed fine after I had an error during the execution of the programming earlier.
Thanks for the suggestion RootKit. I will try it tonight.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Members

It did not work. I can code other modules (CAS, IHKA, KOMBI etc). But not CIC.

May I ask which daten files do you have?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Contributors

My daten is same date as yours. Hopefully v.39 daten should solve your problem You got PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Contributors

Maybe the ncs version already has latest daten v.39 since who knows if it got thrown in.
But I strongly believe you may be missing the "CICR.PRG" in your C:\EDIABAS\ECU folder.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by bhavi_jp
It did not work. I can code other modules (CAS, IHKA, KOMBI etc). But not CIC.

May I ask which daten files do you have?

Try doing a a read of the index - I don't rememeber exactly what it says in German but it should be pretty easy for you to figure it out. Read the index - read the module - modify the .man file - code the the module.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Members

Hy to all,i am new to this forum,and i am asking to your help .I have inpa v4.4.7 ncsexpert 3.0.8 and somethimes i see on information an erorr "INTERFACE PROBLEM" and i have been closing the program,then it was ok but only for some thime ,and after a while same erorr.My interface is an vag com modified cable!
P.S. Can someone gibe me new daten file for a e60.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Members

Maybe the ncs version already has latest daten v.39 since who knows if it got thrown in.
But I strongly believe you may be missing the "CICR.PRG" in your C:\EDIABAS\ECU folder.
Big Thanks Key for your help. I can now code the CIC. It's time to go more into detail now.

I got my audio working by changing the AUDIO_SYSTEM_CIC to top_hifi.

I also changed some other options to us specific (since the module looks like it came from europe).

There is one thing I can not figure out. The mute/volume knob on CIC and the eject button are still not working. Is this a mechanical issue or is there a parameter I need to change to make those working? I am attaching the CIC trace file here.

Thanks,
Bhavi
Attached Files
File Type: txt
CIC_FSW_PSW.TXT (11.9 KB, 506 views)
Old 01-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by bhavi_jp
Big Thanks Key for your help. I can now code the CIC. It's time to go more into detail now.

I got my audio working by changing the AUDIO_SYSTEM_CIC to top_hifi.

I also changed some other options to us specific (since the module looks like it came from europe).

There is one thing I can not figure out. The mute/volume knob on CIC and the eject button are still not working. Is this a mechanical issue or is there a parameter I need to change to make those working? I am attaching the CIC trace file here.

Thanks,
Bhavi
hmm strange one that. You might want to change :-

TYPE_OF_FUEL
diesel_und_harnstoff
To petrol.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
hmm strange one that. You might want to change :-

TYPE_OF_FUEL
diesel_und_harnstoff
To petrol.
Yep. I am going to change it in today's session.

Here is the text for petrol "benzin".

Quick Reply: Car Coding