DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Car Coding

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 10:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 30d, E39 35i
Model Year: 2004, 2001
Engine: M57n

Originally Posted by cmyachtie
Assuming you replaced your base stereo just code the new VO id
Its the same stereo. I tried adding $676 but didnt work for some reason (is it because its already been written??i have tried prior too)...get the following when trying to perform write:

I did this:
Plug in cable to OBD port and selected usb port
Run NCSexpert
Click "file" and select "load profile" and select "expertmode"
Click "VIN/ZCS/FA
Click "ZCS/FA f. ECU
Select chassis type "e89"
On choose ECU select "CAS"
After your vin is shown select "enter FA"
Select chassis type "e89"
Ensure VIN shown is correct and select "OK"
Enter $676 and then select "add"
Then scroll down and select "£676" and select "OK"
Then select "Back button"
Then select "F4 Process ECU"
Then select from drop down list "CAS"
Then select "F2 Change Job"
Then select "FA_WRITE" and click "OK"
Ensure CAS is shown on "Get Coded" and FA_WRITE shown on "JOB NAME"
Select "F3 Execute Job"

I'll be honest, bit over my head all this...but need to code audio output asap. Basically i have added a 4ch gladen loom, aftermarket 4ch amp and its driving all the speakers.

Whilst the sound works as it should, the base unit output is too high and its introducing two problems, 1st the amp gains need to be wound down to near minimum (overall output is still fairly loud) but 2nd....all the warning bongs/parking sensor levels are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooo high (the base unit does not seem to have any control over the levels)

I need a flat output/low level so my amp just does the work it should. I'm trying to find as much as i can on numerous threads, but allot are dated so struggling a touch with this

Am i right in thinking HIFI is what i need or is it Logic7 coding i need? or should i just be concentrating on tring to code the warning level down? Sorry complete newb here
Old 07-20-2017, 06:06 PM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

$676 is the VO code for the HIFI unit with 12 speakers but you should read your FA listing all your VO codes and you should see $676 already there, and no other coding should be required.....
BUT yoru error message shows you're not getting response from your CAS module so there maybe something else going on and I assume you have not seen your VO listing

Edit
Have you managed to read any faults at all?

Last edited by cmyachtie; 07-21-2017 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 30d, E39 35i
Model Year: 2004, 2001
Engine: M57n

Ok, so got this figured out and have successfully changed coding using ncsdummy (awesome sticky guide that was made by revtor btw), amending MASK profile ad using the nettoman.dat trace method to recode with ncsexpert 😊

Fair few options to play with, but to resolve my two issues…changed system output to HIFI and also changed the warning/parking sensor levels to MIN3. Deffo resolved the problem

I may reduce the warning/parking sensor levels to MIN1 and then I get set my gains higher on amp for audio to balance it acceptable levels (before any + on gains resulted in the warning level increasing too to deafening levels like)

Is anyone familiar on what the output spec of TOPHIFI is compared to HIFI? Also there is one called FLAT…again any detail on this?

( no idea what the error was that i screen shotted eralier, but $676 has been added sucessfully from earlier attempt )