DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

ANNOYING SEATBELT SOUND!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Is annoying but I've learn to ignore it on those short trips. (real short ones)
Old 11-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive

just buy a seperate buckle at your dealer (shouldn't cost much) and stick that in, problem solved.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

Originally Posted by pilotrosso
Originally Posted by pilotrosso' date='Nov 15 2005, 12:46 PM' post='198576
[quote name='cobradav' post='198533' date='Nov 15 2005, 10:15 AM']
[quote name='pilotrosso' post='198224' date='Nov 14 2005, 04:56 PM']
[quote name='norham' post='161484' date='Aug 20 2005, 01:05 PM']
[quote name='Rudy' date='Aug 20 2005, 04:45 PM']There is another way that is documented clearly on this forum but based on many other threads about this topic, most of us would rather you found it for yourself rather than help you do something that might contribute to personal injury...
[snapback]161437[/snapback]
Yep I decided to defy it and live dangerously and it DID stop

It's not about driving without your seat belt on.
Anyone that owns an '04 6 series knows.
The coupe and the convertible of that model have an excessively loud warning chime that goes off for several reasons such as seat belt (for one), door open, key left in, picking your nose, daydreaming about women, thinking of getting a different car that doesnt do that (which would be any other car on the market).
Its a great car with one very annoying flaw. There is a way to remedy it but the person that told me couldn't give the details because of reasons i cannot reveal here. Its out there and we want to know where.
The chime is WAY TOO LOUD. BMW PLEASE FIX IT. BMW PLEASE DO NOT HAVE THE CHIME SO LOUD ON YOUR M6, we want to buy one but won't if we can't turn the chime down to an acceptable level.
This is NOT asking too much, this is not over the top.
[/quote]

I'm told that if u lower the top on the M6 and then run at 200 MPH the chime is not noticable

But on a more serious note the chime is a "little" intrusive and has got my wife now to fasten the seat belt BEFORE it goes off. I would welcome a slightly lower level but am not going to go nuts of they don't lower it and it does not change my mind on getting the M6 coupe. If as ricky states above me here that the chime can be adjusted during my next CIP upload (I'm waiting for MP3, whenever that occurs) then I will ask that it be lowered one notch. I do welcome the chime on occasions and do not want it to be so low as to be meaningless. And I had not noticed it going off when I was thinking of the M6 - maybe I'm not so connected with my 6er as I thought
[/quote]
Yeah i basically forgot all about the loud chime on the 645 til i had to ride in it again. About a year ago the dealer told me what steps to take to keep it from going off but since I rarely drive the car I don't remember the exact sequence of events that have to take place to keep it quiet. Fastening the seat belt after putting the key in or before closing the door or whatever. I'll just stick to driving my nice new '05 760i with the quiet chime and the fantastic V-12 engine. The chime on the 645 is too loud and BMW knows it.
If you want to know how to defeat it email me, I don't care of you want it off because its too loud or even if you want it off because you don't like seat belts, its your ticket not mine.

Originally Posted by pilotrosso' post='198576
Originally Posted by pilotrosso' post='198224' date='Nov 14 2005, 04:56 PM
[quote name='norham' post='161484' date='Aug 20 2005, 01:05 PM']
[quote name='Rudy' date='Aug 20 2005, 04:45 PM']There is another way that is documented clearly on this forum but based on many other threads about this topic, most of us would rather you found it for yourself rather than help you do something that might contribute to personal injury...

It's not about driving without your seat belt on.
Anyone that owns an '04 6 series knows.
The coupe and the convertible of that model have an excessively loud warning chime that goes off for several reasons such as seat belt (for one), door open, key left in, picking your nose, daydreaming about women, thinking of getting a different car that doesnt do that (which would be any other car on the market).
Its a great car with one very annoying flaw. There is a way to remedy it but the person that told me couldn't give the details because of reasons i cannot reveal here. Its out there and we want to know where.

at 200 mph you didnt have your seat belt on? You're not right man, living in the past perhaps?
The chime is WAY TOO LOUD. BMW PLEASE FIX IT. BMW PLEASE DO NOT HAVE THE CHIME SO LOUD ON YOUR M6, we want to buy one but won't if we can't turn the chime down to an acceptable level.
This is NOT asking too much, this is not over the top.
[/quote]

I'm told that if u lower the top on the M6 and then run at 200 MPH the chime is not noticable

But on a more serious note the chime is a "little" intrusive and has got my wife now to fasten the seat belt BEFORE it goes off. I would welcome a slightly lower level but am not going to go nuts of they don't lower it and it does not change my mind on getting the M6 coupe. If as ricky states above me here that the chime can be adjusted during my next CIP upload (I'm waiting for MP3, whenever that occurs) then I will ask that it be lowered one notch. I do welcome the chime on occasions and do not want it to be so low as to be meaningless. And I had not noticed it going off when I was thinking of the M6 - maybe I'm not so connected with my 6er as I thought
[/quote]
Yeah i basically forgot all about the loud chime on the 645 til i had to ride in it again. About a year ago the dealer told me what steps to take to keep it from going off but since I rarely drive the car I don't remember the exact sequence of events that have to take place to keep it quiet. Fastening the seat belt after putting the key in or before closing the door or whatever. I'll just stick to driving my nice new '05 760i with the quiet chime and the fantastic V-12 engine. The chime on the 645 is too loud and BMW knows it.
If you want to know how to defeat it email me, I don't care of you want it off because its too loud or even if you want it off because you don't like seat belts, its your ticket not mine.
[/quote]

Originally Posted by norham' post='161484' date='Aug 20 2005, 01:05 PM
[/quote]
Someone got a personal injury from the chime? Did it drive them nuts or just damage their hearing?
[/quote]

time to get more connected, i will tell you how to defeat it if you want to know. If you don't want to know then no comment is needed, we don't care about you're personal issue with chimes and seat belts.
[/quote]

i have no idea who was talking and whos quote is who
Old 11-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

pilotrosso lost me here
pilotrosso went from begging for help on how to lower the sound of the seat belt chime to offerering advice on how to do it, all in less than 24 hours and included about a hundred (well maybe less than than a hundred) other posts.

I'm otta here
Old 11-24-2005, 05:49 AM
Members