DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

ANNOYING SEATBELT SOUND!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 10:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i Alpine White, Grey Leather, Premium package, Cold Weather, 20% tints, M-tech M5 spoiler, ACS roof spoiler, 19inch Zeneitti Dueces, B&B Exhaust

The other day i was sitting in my car and at a light i was counting in my head how long it stays on and on my car its 20 anoying dings then it stoped
Old 08-20-2005, 07:29 AM
Members

My Ride: Current: 2006 550 - Sport & Cold Weather Packages, Premium Audio and Navigation, Monaco Blue and Biege Previous: 2001 330Ci - Sport & Premium Packages, Orient Blue and Biege

Originally Posted by qtrII6' date='Jul 13 2005, 07:03 PM
i wear my seatbelt often i mean 95% of the time but i just hate that sound period ill do a search for it thanks..........i must admit im in love with this site........i hope i dont ask too many repeated questions =)
[snapback]148838[/snapback]
Is there any way to turn off the alarm other than inserting a buckle?
Old 08-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

There is another way that is documented clearly on this forum but based on many other threads about this topic, most of us would rather you found it for yourself rather than help you do something that might contribute to personal injury...
Old 08-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Aug 20 2005, 04:45 PM
There is another way that is documented clearly on this forum but based on many other threads about this topic, most of us would rather you found it for yourself rather than help you do something that might contribute to personal injury...
[snapback]161437[/snapback]
Yep I decided to defy it and live dangerously and it DID stop
Old 08-21-2005, 07:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

It's kinda like the speed warning sys....after a certain amount of warnings...BMW figured, Dumbshits are on their own...
Old 08-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 2006 Jet Black w/tan leather. Premium package; Sport Package; Sat Radio

Ok...I think I found a very smiple solution to the seatbelt sound. This assumes you don't have someone in your passenger seat.

Reach over and buckle the passenger seatbelt strap into the drive side seatbelt connector.

I tried it..it works no problem!

BTW, I think 99.9% of the time you should wear your seatbelt. This would be for the trip down the strret.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-14-2005, 11:24 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by pilotrosso' post='198085' date='Nov 14 2005, 10:57 AM
'04 645 chime WAY TOO LOUD
I have to turn down the volume on the seat belt chime on my wifes 04 BMW ci convertible. Originally the dealer told me that there was NOTHING that could be done about it being too loud. I recently bought a '05 BMW 760i and what do you know, a nice quiet seat belt chime, hmmmmmmm. Can anyone tell me where I can find out how to turn down the volume on the chime or even turn it off. This is not a safety issue, we wear our seatbelts but between the garage and the end of my driveway I am not going to have an injury accident. This chime is way too load and very annoying. I have never owned a car that had a chime that was this loud and it seems to go off for many different reasons not just for the seat belt. Buckling the passenger buckle in the drivers side is not an option. BMW wouldn't help me and I know they can turn it down. Legally they might not be able to turn it off but THEY CAN TURN IT DOWN but they wont. I did get the dealer to turn down the excessive volume on the speed warning but when it came to the seat belt chime they pulled out the rule book. Tell you what, I will think twice about pulling out my check book when it comes time to replace this 645cic for a 650cic. Otherwise its been a pretty good car but I will not tolerate this again. If you know how to turn it off or where i can find out please email me the info at pilotrosso@yahoo.com
thank you
I doubt that it can be changed. Just because another model of BMW has a quieter chime doesn't imply it can be easily controlled by the dealer. (I'm not saying I'm *sure* it can't be, just that it *most likely* can't be.)

Also - and I realize this may be a bit presumptuous - why not just fasten your belt?

And further, if your beef is with the dealer, why would you not buy the next generation 6 Series for a fault that you claim would be with your dealer? I'm sorry, but it seems this is a little bit over the top for a seat belt chime.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

I usually just strap the seat belt to the buckle then just sit on it if you know what i mean. BUT NOT RECOMENDED.it saves many lifes and certainly mine THANKS BMW FOR THIS ANNOYING SOUND!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by pilotrosso' post='198085' date='Nov 14 2005, 05:57 PM
'04 645 chime WAY TOO LOUD
Originally the dealer told me that there was NOTHING that could be done about it being too loud.

Your dealer isn't correctly informed.

When a new CIP release is uploaded in the car, there is a step where operator can choose different level of chime sound: from a minimum to a maximum.
I have same problem and my dealer assured me that when there will be new CIP release with MP3, in the same occasion he will adjust mine chime too loud .
In the meantime I had a free buckle
Old 11-15-2005, 06:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by pilotrosso' post='198224
Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Aug 20 2005, 04:45 PM
[snapback]161437[/snapback]
Yep I decided to defy it and live dangerously and it DID stop

It's not about driving without your seat belt on.
Anyone that owns an '04 6 series knows.
The coupe and the convertible of that model have an excessively loud warning chime that goes off for several reasons such as seat belt (for one), door open, key left in, picking your nose, daydreaming about women, thinking of getting a different car that doesnt do that (which would be any other car on the market).
Its a great car with one very annoying flaw. There is a way to remedy it but the person that told me couldn't give the details because of reasons i cannot reveal here. Its out there and we want to know where.
The chime is WAY TOO LOUD. BMW PLEASE FIX IT. BMW PLEASE DO NOT HAVE THE CHIME SO LOUD ON YOUR M6, we want to buy one but won't if we can't turn the chime down to an acceptable level.
This is NOT asking too much, this is not over the top.
[/quote]

I'm told that if u lower the top on the M6 and then run at 200 MPH the chime is not noticable

But on a more serious note the chime is a "little" intrusive and has got my wife now to fasten the seat belt BEFORE it goes off. I would welcome a slightly lower level but am not going to go nuts of they don't lower it and it does not change my mind on getting the M6 coupe. If as ricky states above me here that the chime can be adjusted during my next CIP upload (I'm waiting for MP3, whenever that occurs) then I will ask that it be lowered one notch. I do welcome the chime on occasions and do not want it to be so low as to be meaningless. And I had not noticed it going off when I was thinking of the M6 - maybe I'm not so connected with my 6er as I thought

Quick Reply: ANNOYING SEATBELT SOUND!