DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

AC basic to AC high retrofit DIY re-write.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 01:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

Originally Posted by BLooD
Where did you get the 4 pol connector for the solar sensor?, im having a right game getting one.

X1527 (blue) Sensor
4-------------------3
5-------------------2
Oh Crap !!! that will be why my dealer said they need to find the part number for it and would get back to me... they have not yet... so i called them and they need my VIN to find out which isnt going to help do you know what posistion the pin numbers on the solar sensor are, as i can get a non BMW plug that will fit it if you can find this out i will order two plugs today and post one to you.
Or is there anyone out there who wouldnt mind taking the centre speaker grill out and having a look at the colour coding or pin numbers and posistions for us its a 2 minute job to lift it out, hoping our USA friends would have a look as its a standard feature over the pond i beleive.
if you have a Solar sensor it will be a little button looking black dome that pokes out of the side of the centre grill.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by livefour2day
Oh Crap !!! that will be why my dealer said they need to find the part number for it and would get back to me... they have not yet... so i called them and they need my VIN to find out which isnt going to help do you know what posistion the pin numbers on the solar sensor are, as i can get a non BMW plug that will fit it if you can find this out i will order two plugs today and post one to you.
Or is there anyone out there who wouldnt mind taking the centre speaker grill out and having a look at the colour coding or pin numbers and posistions for us its a 2 minute job to lift it out, hoping our USA friends would have a look as its a standard feature over the pond i beleive.
if you have a Solar sensor it will be a little button looking black dome that pokes out of the side of the centre grill.
I have the connector on order at last, hang fire and I will give you the part no. tomorrow, the no. on the connector will not help as it no longer exists.
My dealer got in touch with BMW technical services and they sorted it out.

The solar sensor pin outs are :-
X1572 Solar sensor
10----------------1
11----------------3
12----------------4
13----------------2
Old 09-26-2011, 04:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

Originally Posted by BLooD
I have the connector on order at last, hang fire and I will give you the part no. tomorrow, the no. on the connector will not help as it no longer exists.
My dealer got in touch with BMW technical services and they sorted it out.

The solar sensor pin outs are :-
X1572 Solar sensor
10----------------1
11----------------3
12----------------4
13----------------2
Fair Play thanks for that how will you find out the pin numbers on the sensor as there is no markings. i look forward to speaking to my Dealer
Old 09-26-2011, 05:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by livefour2day
Fair Play thanks for that how will you find out the pin numbers on the sensor as there is no markings. i look forward to speaking to my Dealer
The connector will have the pins numbered 1-4. I am going to revise the DIY once again to correct some part no. mistakes and tidy it up a bit.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Members

Very pleased with my AC High upgrade it makes such a big differance over the Basic AC, and got to say a BIG thank you to Blood without his guidance on the coding i would still be sat in my car with the laptop.
Anyone thinking of doing Bloods DIY its well worth it.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

i have got panel number 64119161611 it says its from a 2007 model can this work or not?

i have all connectors from the original the panel came from car side cut off with wire length
Old 11-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

any one?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BallyM5
i have got panel number 64119161611 it says its from a 2007 model can this work or not?

i have all connectors from the original the panel came from car side cut off with wire length
Is it an LCI panel if so yes but the connections are different.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Members
Senior Members

Thanks for the reply how can I tell if its a Lci panel?

I'm not too sure the meaning of lci exactly

Any idea on the wiring side of things which ones I need to connect

Thanks
Old 11-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BallyM5
Thanks for the reply how can I tell if its a Lci panel?

I'm not too sure the meaning of lci exactly

Any idea on the wiring side of things which ones I need to connect

Thanks
The pre-LCI panel has REST and MAX buttons on the temp dials where as the LCI panal has in them in the button cluster.
If it`s an LCI panel no sorry.

Quick Reply: AC basic to AC high retrofit DIY re-write.