Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

What polish/wax do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 04:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525

Originally Posted by bturkel' date='Jun 23 2005, 05:23 PM
Blackfire cleaner and then protector
[snapback]142534[/snapback]

what do you think of blackfire? im trying to pick between that and klasse and cant decide.
i heard blackfire leaves a VERY slick, wetlook, surface...better than klasse AIO & SG???
thanks
Old 06-24-2005, 05:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Mystic Blue 530i. Sport package, Auto, Premium package, xenon headlights. Mods to come!

Nothing beats a Zaino shine. Go to any other board ie corvetteforum or mustang forum and it isn't even a close discussion! Zaino rules those boards and is an unbelievable product. I've used it on my vette and my 530i. It protects like no other and makes it shine like no other. Most waxes contain abrasives that scratch the clear coat. They all melt in the sunlight. Have fun!
Old 06-24-2005, 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

other than web site ordering.... where can i find these products at a store i can drive to..... i live in long beach california....
Old 06-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Contributors

Zaino Z2-Pro + ZFX
Z8 Grand Finale Spray

Best there is
Old 06-24-2005, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Jun 24 2005, 10:25 AM
other than? web site ordering.... where can i find these products at a store i can drive to..... i live in long beach california....
[snapback]142744[/snapback]
lucky duck...there is a zaino store in LA....

http://www.lazaino.com/
Old 06-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Members

First coat Klasse AIO
Second coat Four Star Paint Protection (the third coat just make it unbelieveably glossy)
Old 06-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

zymol carbon black
in between waxes i just found meguires gold classic detail spray,,,,,, oh boy does that bring out the jet black even deeper and wet,.

eric d
Old 06-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Senior Members

tried S100 this past weekend (sister-product of P21S) and it was awesome. easy on, easy off, the first ever wax i found that DOESNT leave white residue, and the shine is marvelous. gonna put another coat this weekend, which i hear will make it even better.

gonna wait off on klasse till the winter...i dont mind waxing right now
Old 07-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Senior Members

I used Meguiar's Gold Class Wax a few weeks ago & the car looks amazing.

This week Wednesday I went on a long distance highway trip & got a lot of bugs all over the front.

Normally l try to clean the car the same day or day after, but the first chance I had was Saturday.

l was very impressed to see that 99% of the bugs came off whilst pre-rinsing the car.

The balance came off no problem during washing.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Just completed my 3rd application of Zymol Concours. At first I thought this was a lot of expense just to get a shine. But through practice, I have learned not to use so much of the product and the results are fantastic. I have done some side by side comparisons with Meguiar's Gold Class Wax, Rejex and P21S Concours Carnauba Wax on various sections of the car and the Zymol comes out on top in shine and in application. What I especially like about application is putting it on with my hands, no applicator. Take a little bit and warm it up between your hands and then apply directly. Do a section and before it dries you wipe with microfibre. I get to feel the car. Any little imperfections I can feel and take care of on the spot. Little bits of road tar not visible to the eye, or pieces of debris kicked up on the car I can feel and get rid of right away. It helps me bond with the car as well, although my wife stormed about on Sunday saying I was not paying any attention to her. So I stopped immediately and took her to lunch in her car. When we came back I finished up the job I started. The others are Ok but I am really happy with this product and will continue to use it exclusivley on my car. I use the other products on the Audi, after all it is just an Audi (Rejex on the all the wheels, however).

Quick Reply: What polish/wax do you use?