Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

What polish/wax do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

Good to hear that there are true wax fans here...Zymol all the way. The funny thing is, one of my buddy's almost ate the wax since the high end stuff has to be refrigerated. Never let drunk friend look in the fridge...hehehe.

Zymol may not last as long as the polymers (rejex...) but you can't beat the shine and feel of a carnauba waxed car. Any of us that use the high end zymol will tell you that the wax is like putting on tanning oil on a perfect 36 28 34...
Old 08-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

one thing ive noticed...although its not as hot as other places but after waxing i do get a good shine but once layed out in the sun for 12 hours i notice a haze...now im not sure if its melting wax...i do use zymol carbon wax once amonth...and gold class in between iwth a detailer spray...
Old 08-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Hpdrifter' date='Aug 19 2005, 08:52 AM
[quote name='stream' date='Aug 18 2005, 06:58 PM'][quote name='Hpdrifter' date='Aug 18 2005, 11:25 AM'][quote name='cobradav' date='Aug 10 2005, 01:19 PM']Just completed my 3rd application of Zymol Concours.? At first I thought this was a lot of expense just to get a shine.? But through practice, I have learned not to use so much of the product and the results are fantastic.? I have done some side by side comparisons with Meguiar's Gold Class Wax, Rejex and P21S Concours Carnauba Wax on various sections of the car and the Zymol comes out on top in shine and in application.?
[snapback]157958[/snapback]
Ok you compared it against the lightweights. Now try it against the best.....Zaino! Then tell me you'll stick to a carnauba. lol Try the Z final finish spray! That stuff is just sick! Nothing goes on or comes off like Zaino, and the smell? makes me think of a favorite movie quote...."Zaino? I love the smell of Zanio in the morning...it smells like victory!" Major Killgore a la Appocolipse Now! BTW what color is the rag or applicator after using Zymol? Look a little like the color of your car? Ummm not what I want on my machine!
[snapback]160725[/snapback]
[/quote]

OK--one more time, grasshopper, repeat after me...

Zymol doesn't contain any abrasives

...nor do most high quality carnauba waxes.

And by the way...in case you haven't figured it out yet...the E60 (and most modern cars) has a clearcoat, so even if you were using an abrasive product on the paint, which...and I'll repeat for the slower students...is not the case with Zymol and most high quality carnauba waxes, you wouldn't see any color on the applicator--unless you wore all the way through the clearcoat to the color coat--highly unlikely.

Glad you love your Zaino...just don't go spewing total BS about other products.

And if you ever have to get your car repaired, ask the body shop how easy it will be to match the paint that's been treated with a polymer.
[snapback]160874[/snapback]
[/quote]

I posted a fairly non abrasive post and in response I get the rude reply. Well since you've crawed out from under your rock, I guess I should respond. Want to talk about paint matching at the Body shop? Try asking any paint guy what the single hardest color to match is. In fact most paint guys will tell you there is only one color that is impossible to match. That would be Silver. So if you're that concerned about matching paint at the body shop why would you buy silver? Also although I am not completely sure of the chemical reactions between polymers and paint I can tell you that I'm fairly positive that it doesn't change the paints color. Actually your response correctly indicates that the clear coat would make it impossible to "change the color" of the paint simply by applying a polymer. Therefore I am complete confused by your argument of paint color changing polymers. Also having actually read the label and MSDS sheets on Zymol I am not completely convinced it doesn't contain abrasives. If you really want to know what the best polish is for your car go here http://www.gurureports.org/specialre...waxtest.3.html and buy the wax test where they compare 46 different waxes, including Zymol and Zaino. (In case anyone's wondering Zaino came out #1) So keep using that Carnauba pal, I like that there's people out there with no idea how to care for a car. Makes mine look all that much better!
[snapback]161076[/snapback]
[/quote]

Now, now, grasshopper...you're losing focus...let's stick to the subject...not whether silver is a difficult color to match...

Everybody is entitled to their opinion...be it waxes or anything else. But when you spew BS about Zymol and other (non-Zaino) waxes containing abrasives and therefore will ruin your paint, I feel obliged to correct your false statements, lest others believe them. Although you make blanket statements about this, even you seem less than certain, as this quote indicates:
"Also having actually read the label and MSDS sheets on Zymol I am not completely convinced it doesn't contain abrasives."

Let's see...you're not completely convinced Zymol doesn't contain abrasives...so that's the reason for saying it will cause the applicator to look like the color of your car ...and on a clearcoated car to boot. So why do you feel it necessary to bash a product, when even by your own words you are unsure of the facts?

And since you don't believe me about problems with color matching polymer treated paints, go ask a high end body shop. With clear coated cars, the polymer causes the clear coat to discolor which changes the color of the paint, and then it's hell to color match since even if they perfectly match it, the polymer will cause the new paint to change color and then not match the rest of the car.

As I said, I'm glad you love Zaino. Enjoy it! Just try sticking to facts when making bold statements.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by Breae60' date='Aug 19 2005, 09:34 AM
Good to hear that there are true wax fans here...Zymol all the way.? The funny thing is, one of my buddy's almost ate the wax since the high end stuff has to be refrigerated.? Never let drunk friend look in the fridge...hehehe.

Zymol may not last as long as the polymers (rejex...)? but you can't beat the shine and feel of a carnauba waxed car.? Any of us that use the high end zymol will tell you that the wax is like putting on tanning oil on a perfect 36 28 34...
[snapback]161095[/snapback]
Never had anybody eat the Zymol (although it has a lovely coconut aroma!), but have received several strange looks from friends (...so why do you have wax in your fridge??!! ).
Old 08-21-2005, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

Hey Stream, maybe you should have your friend eat the wax and coat their tongues...then the Habenero Pepper test...The Simpsons........hehehe...

Let's test carnauba vs polymers....let me know which works out for your friends... :'(
Old 08-21-2005, 07:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Breae60' date='Aug 21 2005, 08:17 AM
Hey Stream, maybe you should have your friend eat the wax and coat their tongues...then the Habenero Pepper test...The Simpsons........hehehe...

Let's test carnauba vs polymers....let me know which works out for your friends... ? ? ? :'(
[snapback]161673[/snapback]

I switched to One Grand Blitz wax a few years ago, so no more Zymol in the fridge!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:39 AM
Members

I have been doing my owm research on polish v. wax. I found an inyeresting; real life, test comparing zaino, zymol and some other poplular brands. check it out, it may change your mind about polish.

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html
Old 09-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by stream' date='Aug 19 2005, 12:16 PM
[quote name='Breae60' date='Aug 19 2005, 09:34 AM']Good to hear that there are true wax fans here...Zymol all the way.? The funny thing is, one of my buddy's almost ate the wax since the high end stuff has to be refrigerated.? Never let drunk friend look in the fridge...hehehe.

Zymol may not last as long as the polymers (rejex...)? but you can't beat the shine and feel of a carnauba waxed car.? Any of us that use the high end zymol will tell you that the wax is like putting on tanning oil on a perfect 36 28 34...
[snapback]161095[/snapback]
Never had anybody eat the Zymol (although it has a lovely coconut aroma!), but have received several strange looks from friends (...so why do you have wax in your fridge??!! ).
[snapback]161115[/snapback]
[/quote]
I also use Zymol for my Volvo and E60. I used the Zymol Z3 and Detail Wax yesterday for 4 hours to wax my E60. The application of Z3 wax is different than the Zymol Volvo wax. I needed to put the wax on my palm and then applied onto the car surface instead of using the applicator. The result was very very nice
Old 09-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

wow!!! hmmm.... now where do i get this ZAINO?
Old 09-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Members

if your interested in zaino, this is their site. The application of this stuff is pretty intense, they even are picky about the towels you use.

here it is.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

Quick Reply: What polish/wax do you use?