Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Professionally how to clean leather ?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 09:47 PM
Guest_rodybmw_*

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Sep 21 2004, 08:48 AM
RodyBMW,

Can you buy Autoglym products in the US? If not buy it via the net. They do a great leather cleaner which will keep the matte look of the leather. It comes in a pump action type bottle and looks like a thick syrup when sprayed onto the leather. Just use a clean cloth to wipe it over, into and off the leather. The results are superb.

I used it clean an Alfa 156 leather interior with. This car had been used by one of my managers for 3 years and he had put some kind of high shine spray cleaner on the seats before handing it back when he was given a new car. I decided to give the car a thorough detail before selling it to raise its price. The interior came up like new with the Autoglym leather cleaner. The seats were returned to their original as new matte finish. I sold it to a motor dealer and he offered me a job as his valeter but I politely declined?

I've used it on my E60 a couple of times with great results but have to say that I have never experienced the leather in a BMW going shiny on me. Either I don't keep the cars long enough for it to happen or I don't slide around enough on the seats to cause the wear.
[snapback]36614[/snapback]
Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Sep 21 2004, 08:48 AM
RodyBMW,

Can you buy Autoglym products in the US? If not buy it via the net. They do a great leather cleaner which will keep the matte look of the leather.

Thanks ISUK, I will give Autoglym a try...........anything to keep the matte look. I have not looked around the net yet, is there one single Autoglym product for cleaning and conditioning leather or two different products?

Thanks Again,
Old 09-27-2004, 04:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Mystic Blue 530i, beige/poplar wood interior, steptronic transmission, prem, sport, & sound pkgs, comfort seats, pdc, all weather mats, red reflectors, NAV, ACC, HUD, satellite radio, heated rear seats, rear sunshade, cold weather pkg, active steering

I found the BMW product works great. It includes everything you need to clean/condition your leather.