Detailing Forum Don't know if that wax is any good? Get your detailing answers and tips here.

Finding a detailer/Maintaining a car

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I notice that some people ALWAYS have clean cars, but I know they dont always have time...

I used to take a lot of pride in detailing my car, but now I kind of hate it. But I want it to be clean.

How do people keep their cars clean? do they get it detailed every week? do they get it detailed once a month? what do they do between detailings. Just washes?

For those of you who don't maintain your own cars cleanliness but always have it looking nice, what do you do? I am a very busy person that has lost the desire to keep the car clean, but I still want a shiney ride...

This question was inspired by Scott and Calton's replies to Anzafins wash thread...

Ideally I would like my car to be cleaned every friday. Same day I plan on having a maid come and clean my apartment now. this way I can hit the weekend looking like I have my shit together.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

The first step is to NEVER buy a jet black car again

I just keep the car waxed to help defend against water spots and do a simple wash every 2 weeks.
I wax my car every month if I can.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I have a mobile car wash service that comes to my work every other week to wash my car (thursday or friday). It's not that costly, only $13 excluding tip. In between washes I use a california duster, but I park my car in the garage so it stays pretty clean in between washes. I have axxis delux brake pads as well so that keep the wheels looking clean and dustless all the time. The OEM brake pads are unforgiving when it comes to dust, and can quickly turn your brushed alum wheels into gray/black finish in no time. I have my e60 detailed (wash, wax, clay) every 6 months by the same service. A MF cloth in the trunk and small bottle of car soap and water in the trunk helps as well.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I don't have much time to clean my own car (and not much inclination due to my fear of ever getting a recurrence of back issues). I just take mine to the car wash every wheel. Of course, the price for that are swirl marks. But I don't have the time and don't want to spend the $$$ to get my car detailed every week. I love the look of my Carbon Black exterior color but it is a PITA to keep clean. My next BMW will probably be the same color that my 540i Sport was (and the easiest color to keep looking clean), Titanium Silver.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Members

I have a Sapphire Black and am in a similar situation. It takes 5+ hours for me to properly detail my car to my standards. I've tried an onsite service at my office as well as one other in town and was not impressed with either. I fear that they don't make sure to continually have a completely clean mitt which results in small scratches easily visible on a black car. I am in search for a high quality detailer in Atlanta. It would likely be much more expensive than the 2 run-of-the-mill detailers that I have used, but I am willing to pay the extra.

If anybody happens to know of a very high quality detailer in Atlanta I would love to hear it.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1054879' date='Nov 15 2009, 02:34 AM
this way I can hit the weekend looking like I have my shit together.
Hahahaha!!!!