Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

website for tracking car on the ship......

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If u really want to get crazy and know where ur car is every 6 hours this is alternate way good luck>>>>

Here are the details:
1) Go to the Wallenius web site.
2) Select "Cargo Tracking" in the left frame.
3) Under "Track By Cargo", select "Auto".
4) In the "Cargo ID" field, enter the VIN and select "Track".
5) Wait patiently.

It will display, among other things, the vessel name, the voyage ID (with a link to the travel schedule), the ports of origin and destination, and a brief status history list (from Wallenius's perspective).
Enjoy!

- Alternative way (thanks Pan):
To track the progress of your ship you need to know its call sign. You get that from the US Coast Guard site PSIX http://cgmix.uscg.mil/PSIX/psix2/. Once you have the call sign you can use the Oceanweather, Inc. site http://www.oceanweather.com/data/ to track your ship on a map.

You can find the ship clicking on the part of the ocean that you ship should be traveling through. Then click on the circle marked ?Maritime Observations? and look for the call signs. If you are really obsessed you can get the Latitude and Longitude when the ship reported the sea conditions by clicking on the words ?Observation Table?
Old 02-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Brian,

I read a post where you were wondering how long the car waits before it's transported. In your experience, how long was the time between "scheduled for Production" to "Awaiting transport"? How about between "Awaiting transport" to "En Route"?

I am also in California and would love to hear all the dates you have. Even after you get it.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2004, 07:27 AM

According to the BMW Owners' Circle website, my new car is en route to the processing center. So I went to the mentioned tracking website to gather some details. However, the site did not recognize the VIN. I can think of three reasons why:

1) The car has not been loaded onto the boat.
2) The car is already is at the processing center, which in my case is probably in Los Angeles.
3) The VIN on my paperwork is wrong.

My car was built (finished) on January 21st, 20 days ago. Maybe it's already at the processing center.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Members

My car was finished the same day. It took quite a few days to show up on the manifest of the ship - about 10 days.

According to the ship tracking web site it is now enroute to Baltimore with an arrival date of 2/13/4.

Keep trying the VIN - it takes a few tries to get it to work. If you want to check your VIN go to the BMW Owner's Circle and go to edit your vehicle. It is listed there if you have the production number.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

I tried to locate the ship on the map according to the info the various site gave me.
I can't find it !!
Maybe it sunk?
It is winter and the waters are rough this time of year.

Just kidding!!
But I still didn't find it on the map.
OH well, I'll just have to wait some more.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Senior Members

Just kidding?

I bet they did that in 2002 too!

Check this out

...."The multi-million pound cargo of vehicles, including BMWs, Volvos and Saabs, is lying on the seabed inside the sunken Norwegian carrier ship the Tricolor."

Wilhelmsen is AFAIK a leading company on automotive cargo.

-paasan
Old 02-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Contributors

guys..my car has been on "en route" status 2 weeks ago. and until now..still not changing. i've checked on cargo tracking..unavailable until now.

what happen ?so confuse.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Members

You can call the 1800-831-1117 bmw # ask for production status and give your production number it gives you more detailed information my car has been sitting at the port of exit for a week. the next ship due in is the Don Quijote tommorrow the 18th i think my car is going on that ship and due to arrive march 14th in california.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Very cool. That automated 800 number to BMW NA is handy. It told me that my car is in production and should be completed tomorrow (02/18). Right on...
Old 02-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Senior Members

This information is totaly old. I know that my 545I is now in NY through the ship cargo tracking. The Automated service tells me that it is in port awaiting billing information?

Quick Reply: website for tracking car on the ship......