Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

US E60 prices must go up soon!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

OK, guys I give up I am working for an american company and I know US is the pinnacle of the universe and of course you are always right, you must be..........until the foam piece hits the wing....but how could we know

Re. politics I was over lately and watched debates of the presidency candidates they jointly claim the US is the richest country in the world. INCREDIBLE.
How do Americans define rich?

Most European countries provide for all of its citizens free healthcare even for non-residents, streets and highways refurbished and cleaned publicly and not adopted, free highschools and universities and yes, social money that prevents that people shoot you at the corner for $5. We do pay high taxes for this but this is OK for me.

My impression of US after 15 years of traveling it frequently for work is that of a feudal society that lives since centuries on the cost of others. It started with the slavery on cotton fields and it continues with Mexicans today. Tragically the attempt to get the finest and largest oil reserves besides Saudi under cheap control failed. Today Americans are still exploiting nature and energy as it would be unlimited consequently they live on the future of their children who will have to make a costly change to survive. A german proverb tells "Pride before fall"

I would not miss to say that I share good friend in US and that there are people who want to change US for a better future for the sake of their children.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='497943' date='Nov 23 2007, 04:06 AM
We are purposely devaluing the dollars because it helps us become more competitive with our exports to other countries.
Oh, so there is a plan then? This is being done on purpose?? Wow.

Just hope you don't want too many foreign holidays then. At $2 to ?1 London would sure be expensive!

Old 11-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by bernd22' post='498157' date='Nov 23 2007, 09:09 AM
OK, guys I give up I am working for an american company and I know US is the pinnacle of the universe and of course you are always right, you must be..........until the foam piece hits the wing....but how could we know
I'm not sure what the shuttle disaster, which I'm assuming is the point of your reference, has to do with the discussion here about car prices?
Old 11-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Members

why isnt anybody selling american bmw 's in europe? should be a logic answer for it. I heard that in norway they building some trucks they take this trucks too germany drive a few hunderd kilometers with them and then import them to sweden. it saves the buyers roughly 20.000 euro. i dont mind to buy a bmw with 1000 km on the clock. if it lowers the price significaly. anyway better dont think about what is good or wrong in other country's every country has got its positive and negative sides.

enjoy your rides
Old 11-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by 525d MSport' post='498160' date='Nov 23 2007, 12:14 PM
Oh, so there is a plan then? This is being done on purpose?? Wow.

Just hope you don't want too many foreign holidays then. At $2 to ?1 London would sure be expensive!

Americans taking holidays in Europe financially benefits Europeans. By devaluing the dollar, if it causes American to holiday locally, then again it benefits the US economy. Devaluing the dollar also fosters investment in the US by foreign investors into real estate,companies, bonds and US treasurys. This increases the availability of capital in the US markets which again will help the liquidity and help the US economy. Devaluing the dollar is responsible monetary policy. We have the largest economy in this Solar System, I'm not comprehending what you do not understand?

Getting back to the threads purpose, its not only currency fluctuation that determines product pricing, its supply and demand and price competition from cross-shopped vehicles. At some price point differencial we Americans might be driving Cadillac STS-V's instead of BMW's.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='498201' date='Nov 23 2007, 09:20 PM
Americans taking holidays in Europe financially benefits Europeans. By devaluing the dollar, if it causes American to holiday locally, then again it benefits the US economy. Devaluing the dollar also fosters investment in the US by foreign investors into real estate,companies, bonds and US treasurys. This increases the availability of capital in the US markets which again will help the liquidity and help the US economy. Devaluing the dollar is responsible monetary policy. We have the largest economy in this Solar System, I'm not comprehending what you do not understand?

Getting back to the threads purpose, its not only currency fluctuation that determines product pricing, its supply and demand and price competition from cross-shopped vehicles. At some price point differencial we Americans might be driving Cadillac STS-V's instead of BMW's.
I agree that Americans taking holidays in Europe is good for Europe.

I think that the fall of the dollar is more to do with lack of investor confidence due to "sub-prime".

Most people invest for growth and whilst foreign currency will buy more in the states, growth prospects in the short term don't look too healthy to me at least, whereas Latin America and China do. Longer term it might pay to buy a nice pad in Florida using the strong pound and then wait a while until the US economy recovers, the dollar strengthens and house prices go up. The question is, when will this be?

Anyway, arm economics is not what the forum is about.

I do think you guys are lucky to be able to buy BMWs for what you do. Log on to www.bmw.co.uk for comparison and you will see what I mean.

Regards,
Old 11-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by 525d MSport' post='498229' date='Nov 23 2007, 03:35 PM
I agree that Americans taking holidays in Europe is good for Europe.

I think that the fall of the dollar is more to do with lack of investor confidence due to "sub-prime".

Most people invest for growth and whilst foreign currency will buy more in the states, growth prospects in the short term don't look too healthy to me at least, whereas Latin America and China do. Longer term it might pay to buy a nice pad in Florida using the strong pound and then wait a while until the US economy recovers, the dollar strengthens and house prices go up. The question is, when will this be?

Anyway, arm economics is not what the forum is about.

I do think you guys are lucky to be able to buy BMWs for what you do. Log on to www.bmw.co.uk for comparison and you will see what I mean.

Regards,
I don't see how you can equate the risks of Latin America and China with that of the US but maybe your point was that because of their increased risk you might have better upside there. Anyway, thanks for keeping this discussion on the level headed path that thankfully it has taken. I do enjoy hearing how the rest of the world views things either in concert or contrast to how we view them.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Originally Posted by bernd22' post='498157' date='Nov 23 2007, 12:09 PM

Re. politics I was over lately and watched debates of the presidency candidates they jointly claim the US is the richest country in the world. INCREDIBLE.
How do Americans define rich?

Most European countries provide for all of its citizens free healthcare even for non-residents, streets and highways refurbished and cleaned publicly and not adopted, free highschools and universities and yes, social money that prevents that people shoot you at the corner for $5. We do pay high taxes for this but this is OK for me.

My impression of US after 15 years of traveling it frequently for work is that of a feudal society that lives since centuries on the cost of others. It started with the slavery on cotton fields and it continues with Mexicans today. Tragically the attempt to get the finest and largest oil reserves besides Saudi under cheap control failed. Today Americans are still exploiting nature and energy as it would be unlimited consequently they live on the future of their children who will have to make a costly change to survive. A german proverb tells "Pride before fall"

I would not miss to say that I share good friend in US and that there are people who want to change US for a better future for the sake of their children.

Ignorance...

Have some respect... :thumbsdown:
Old 11-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

No politics, only a piece of good advice.

A friendly warning of that European car (also E60) prices may go up in US, do to the low $.
You can only hedge a currency for so long.

I also honestly think, that our children just may want to breathe healthy air -> high MPG's.

PS.
EU is not like the US of A.
We have, in EU, 29 independent countries which all have their own legislation and tax laws.
Only in the EU Parliament there are 23 different official languages.

EU population is today about 500 million people.

Largest EU countries are:
Germany, 82 million
France, 64 m
UK, 61 m
Italy, 60 m
Spain, 46 m

Finland, 5,3 m
Old 11-24-2007, 09:15 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by kearflex' post='498393' date='Nov 24 2007, 07:49 AM
Ignorance...

Ignorance...

Quick Reply: US E60 prices must go up soon!