Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Tire and Wheel Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545/SMG Sport Package HUD Logic 7 Bluetooth NAV Cold Weather Package

Does anyone know of a company that offers tire and wheel insurance?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kxmills
Does anyone know of a company that offers tire and wheel insurance?
Yes! e-mail me, and I'll put you in touch with the company that sold me my policy. It's more than paid for itself!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Originally Posted by andy530i
Yes! e-mail me, and I'll put you in touch with the company that sold me my policy. It's more than paid for itself!
Would not the comprehensive portion of your car insurance cover wheels?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Senior Members

BMW offered it to me for $750. After declining I got 2 flats in the next 4 months. $500 for 2 tires.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Martin525i
Would not the comprehensive portion of your car insurance cover wheels?
Sure, but what you have to consider is your deductible and how many claims you are prepared to make on your auto insurance. I'd hate for it to increase b/c I had a few flats or a damaged wheel.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by andy530i
Sure, but what you have to consider is your deductible and how many claims you are prepared to make on your auto insurance. I'd hate for it to increase b/c I had a few flats or a damaged wheel.
I put in a claim for my damaged wheels through my insurance company. Some things to note: I got lucky that the appraiser was cool. I had 3 obviously damaged wheels, but he just said all 4 were no good. They won't pay for tires. Also my insurance company did tell me that it is considered a collision and that kind of claim can raise your rates. So even though a stupid pothole caused the damage it is considered the same as if you reversed into a wall driving like a woman.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Senior Members

Unless you live in area where the road is that bad I honestly do not see the point of purchasing separate insurance for the wheels and tires. My point is I'm paying 6 months premium comprehensive to the insurance company, might as well make a claim once in awhile. If the additional insurance will cost you another $ 700, I think that's almost the same as the increase amount in the long run. And if you're making a claim against your policy, comprehensive provision, it will not go on your driving record. If the company increases your premium at time of renewal, just move to a different company.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Unless you live in area where the road is that bad I honestly do not see the point of purchasing separate insurance for the wheels and tires. My point is I'm paying 6 months premium comprehensive to the insurance company, might as well make a claim once in awhile. If the additional insurance will cost you another $ 700, I think that's almost the same as the increase amount in the long run. And if you're making a claim against your policy, comprehensive provision, it will not go on your driving record. If the company increases your premium at time of renewal, just move to a different company.
I have posted this numerous times but it's worth the repeat. My $800 policy on my 2006 550i replaced 9 tires and 3 rims in two years. So far the policy on my 2008 550i replaced 5 tires and two rims. I have no idea whether or not my insurance would cover them but the convenience of driving to the dealer and having them replaced without having to deal with any BS or paperwork was worth more then the money I might or might not have saved.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:53 AM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ
I have posted this numerous times but it's worth the repeat. My $800 policy on my 2006 550i replaced 9 tires and 3 rims in two years. So far the policy on my 2008 550i replaced 5 tires and two rims. I have no idea whether or not my insurance would cover them but the convenience of driving to the dealer and having them replaced without having to deal with any BS or paperwork was worth more then the money I might or might not have saved.
Holy crap! What kind of driving do you do to have that much damage?? I've had my car since 2006 and only have curb rash in one wheel (front right) and that was my fault. The dealer here charges $175 per wheel to "repair". The tires are fine. Good point someone made about the deductible. I keep mine at a $1000 so MANY things are not worth going thorugh the insurance co.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
BMW offered it to me for $750. After declining I got 2 flats in the next 4 months. $500 for 2 tires.
wishing you got it eh?? lol.. i did and ive already had at least 3 tires replaced... easily..

Quick Reply: Tire and Wheel Insurance