5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   Tire and Wheel Insurance (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/tire-wheel-insurance-98127/)

kxmills 05-04-2010 10:51 AM

Does anyone know of a company that offers tire and wheel insurance?

andy530i 05-11-2010 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by kxmills (Post 1165977)
Does anyone know of a company that offers tire and wheel insurance?

Yes! e-mail me, and I'll put you in touch with the company that sold me my policy. It's more than paid for itself!

Martin525i 05-11-2010 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by andy530i (Post 1170702)
Yes! e-mail me, and I'll put you in touch with the company that sold me my policy. It's more than paid for itself!

Would not the comprehensive portion of your car insurance cover wheels?

aretardedorange 05-11-2010 02:21 PM

BMW offered it to me for $750. After declining I got 2 flats in the next 4 months. $500 for 2 tires. :unsure:

andy530i 05-11-2010 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Martin525i (Post 1170705)
Would not the comprehensive portion of your car insurance cover wheels?

Sure, but what you have to consider is your deductible and how many claims you are prepared to make on your auto insurance. I'd hate for it to increase b/c I had a few flats or a damaged wheel.

Kryptus 06-08-2010 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by andy530i (Post 1170711)
Sure, but what you have to consider is your deductible and how many claims you are prepared to make on your auto insurance. I'd hate for it to increase b/c I had a few flats or a damaged wheel.

I put in a claim for my damaged wheels through my insurance company. Some things to note: I got lucky that the appraiser was cool. I had 3 obviously damaged wheels, but he just said all 4 were no good. They won't pay for tires. Also my insurance company did tell me that it is considered a collision and that kind of claim can raise your rates. So even though a stupid pothole caused the damage it is considered the same as if you reversed into a wall driving like a woman.

rctmthouse 06-09-2010 05:36 PM

Unless you live in area where the road is that bad I honestly do not see the point of purchasing separate insurance for the wheels and tires. My point is I'm paying 6 months premium comprehensive to the insurance company, might as well make a claim once in awhile. If the additional insurance will cost you another $ 700, I think that's almost the same as the increase amount in the long run. And if you're making a claim against your policy, comprehensive provision, it will not go on your driving record. If the company increases your premium at time of renewal, just move to a different company.

JeffNNJ 06-14-2010 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by rctmthouse (Post 1188223)
Unless you live in area where the road is that bad I honestly do not see the point of purchasing separate insurance for the wheels and tires. My point is I'm paying 6 months premium comprehensive to the insurance company, might as well make a claim once in awhile. If the additional insurance will cost you another $ 700, I think that's almost the same as the increase amount in the long run. And if you're making a claim against your policy, comprehensive provision, it will not go on your driving record. If the company increases your premium at time of renewal, just move to a different company.

I have posted this numerous times but it's worth the repeat. My $800 policy on my 2006 550i replaced 9 tires and 3 rims in two years. So far the policy on my 2008 550i replaced 5 tires and two rims. I have no idea whether or not my insurance would cover them but the convenience of driving to the dealer and having them replaced without having to deal with any BS or paperwork was worth more then the money I might or might not have saved.

santiago fonseca 06-14-2010 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ (Post 1190441)
I have posted this numerous times but it's worth the repeat. My $800 policy on my 2006 550i replaced 9 tires and 3 rims in two years. So far the policy on my 2008 550i replaced 5 tires and two rims. I have no idea whether or not my insurance would cover them but the convenience of driving to the dealer and having them replaced without having to deal with any BS or paperwork was worth more then the money I might or might not have saved.

Holy crap! What kind of driving do you do to have that much damage?? I've had my car since 2006 and only have curb rash in one wheel (front right) and that was my fault. The dealer here charges $175 per wheel to "repair". The tires are fine. Good point someone made about the deductible. I keep mine at a $1000 so MANY things are not worth going thorugh the insurance co.

melimel 06-15-2010 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by aretardedorange (Post 1170707)
BMW offered it to me for $750. After declining I got 2 flats in the next 4 months. $500 for 2 tires. :unsure:

wishing you got it eh?? lol.. i did and ive already had at least 3 tires replaced... easily..