Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Tire and Wheel Insurance

Old 06-15-2010, 05:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by melimel
wishing you got it eh?? lol.. i did and ive already had at least 3 tires replaced... easily..
I've had 4 tires replaced... Over $1500 worth b/c of the low profile on those 20" wheels. Now I have a rim that is cracked and they are in the process of repairing or replacing it. I worked at the dealership, so employee price on the policy was well worth the money.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca
Holy crap! What kind of driving do you do to have that much damage?? I've had my car since 2006 and only have curb rash in one wheel (front right) and that was my fault. The dealer here charges $175 per wheel to "repair". The tires are fine. Good point someone made about the deductible. I keep mine at a $1000 so MANY things are not worth going thorugh the insurance co.

Ur in Florida buddy! Ur not in warzone New York.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Members

EFG Companies out of Irving, TX is the company I have my policy with. I'm not sure if you can buy it direct from them or not, but the selling dealership was Bob Moore. Ask for a guy in the finance office named Adam Black 405-749-9000. He sold me my policy, but I think any one of those guys can write the contract.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

I was offered wheel and tire warranty from bmw when I bought the car, they also told me that because the wheel and tire warranty was purchased for the car that it didn't matter what tires or wheels I had on the car all aftermarket would be covered. So I bought the insurnace this way now my DPe's are covered for 5 years.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by cleung
I was offered wheel and tire warranty from bmw when I bought the car, they also told me that because the wheel and tire warranty was purchased for the car that it didn't matter what tires or wheels I had on the car all aftermarket would be covered. So I bought the insurnace this way now my DPe's are covered for 5 years.
I also bought wheel and tire insurance for my car...I've had one tire replaced due to a nail in the center of the tire, which was a pain in the ass (long story), but it cost them $632 for one tire...I paid roughly $1000 for the warranty...Its good for 5 years unlimited claims/miles! I was also told it covers any wheels and tires on my car! They are not allowed to patch my tires, only replace them!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Senior Members

Road hazard (when you purchase new tires) is a wise and inexpensive choice for tires. (national coverage)

Simply buy a set of wheels or wheels and tires here in the classifieds. I bought one set of factory BMW 18" wheels and tires for about $600--delivered. Also bought another set of factory BMW wheels for $340--delivered. Ebay is too expensive, but classified on forums is great. Also purchased 4 or 5 tpms for about $30 each--delivered.

Also, low profile tires + pot holes = broken rims and damaged tires.
Anyone with less than a 40 or 45 profile is just asking for trouble.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

I sold a 2011 328xi coupe on Saturday with 19" chrome rims. She called this morning and has a nail in her tire. Needless to say she was thrilled that she bought the wheel/tire policy we sold her.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Senior Members

Man I hate the roads in the City of New York. I spend more money on tires each year then any other expenses. I wish I got that tire package when I purchased my e60 at the dealership. The finance guy was like "ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T WANT IT".

Why aren't we allowed to sue the City of NY for tire/suspension damage due to potholes. Portion of our taxes goes to roads!!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport CPO Space Age Grey

A friend of mine works for a company who underwrites these policies. He said BMW's have the highest claim severity of all vehicles.

On top of that for those of you who have run-flat tires, per the manufacturer these tires cannot be repaired if they get a nail or screw in them.

It's expensive insurance, but with 30 or 35 series tires it's not hard to bend a wheel.

The policy BMW sold me on my 2008 CPO 550 was $1150 for 5 yrs. Don't hope to have any claims, but there's zero deduct, plus you get OEM NEW wheels & run-flats.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Members

For $1150 I hope they don't pro-rate your tires if one or more is damaged. That's seems like a fair price if everything is covered 100%. My policy was at dealer cost (since I was an employee) at $300. However, they do pro-rate the tires, and will repair damaged wheels when possible before replacing them. I've been pleased so far with the coverage since they have paid about $3500 and I've paid in about $700 for the policy itself and the portion of the tires not covered. It is nice having someone help with the tire cost at over $400 a piece for what I have.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire and Wheel Insurance