Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Tire replacement for an 05' due to noise???

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Chorethorious' post='198384' date='Nov 14 2005, 07:55 PM
Everything on the tires looked as they should. I didn't really notice to much noise from the tires. I can't believe how quiet my car is compared to this ridiculous rental they gave me. But I was lucky to be under the wire on the milage. The tires had about 2-3k miles worth of tread left on them as well. So this kind of saves me from coming out of pocket $1k+ on some new tires right away.

I don't see why you should have a guilt trip for this. I can't see why you WOULDN'T do it. But that is just me.

Hope they dont cancel or stop this replacing ordeal anytime soon... I still have LOADS of tread left and very very low miles... only 6K... so I plan on trying to get new tires like maybe at 12K miles? maybe in about another year. Hope they still have this free replacement... who knows maybe I will develope tread wear problem... Its still too new to tell right now.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='198785
Everything on the tires looked as they should. I didn't really notice to much noise from the tires. I can't believe how quiet my car is compared to this ridiculous rental they gave me. But I was lucky to be under the wire on the milage. The tires had about 2-3k miles worth of tread left on them as well. So this kind of saves me from coming out of pocket $1k+ on some new tires right away.

I don't see why you should have a guilt trip for this. I can't see why you WOULDN'T do it. But that is just me.

Hope they dont cancel or stop this replacing ordeal anytime soon... I still have LOADS of tread left and very very low miles... only 6K... so I plan on trying to get new tires like maybe at 12K miles? maybe in about another year. Hope they still have this free replacement... who knows maybe I will develope tread wear problem... Its still too new to tell right now.
[/quote]

I should stay as long as your vehicle is the year and tires that they are having issues with. It will only fade away when they stop replacing vehicles with the tires that are "faulty." So I believe you shouldn't have an issue with getting your tires replaced around 18-19k.

By the way, I have to say that I had a great experience with my service. They correct all problems that I addressed. The best part is that they washed and waxed my car. I picked it up last night with dismay in my eye. I left it kind of dirty on the outside and dusty on the inside. So needless to say I was surprised at the attention to detail they displayed on returning my car to me.