Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

thanks CPO but what to do after it ends ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 (7/04) 545i 6-Spd Manual Metallic Silver Gray with Gray Interior Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Active Steering, Navigation, Rear Sunshades, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Shades, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, HUD, Rear Side Airbags, PDC, Bluetooth Retrofit Exterior: Venture Clear Bra, Bright Angel Eyes, Euro Reflectors, Blackened Grill, VMR 713 19" Staggered with General UHPs, 13% tint rear windows Engine: K&N Air Filter, Deleted Carbon Filter , RPI Scoop, RPI Exhaust

Got the engine malfunction message today after I dropped off my kid. I was around the the dealership and I directly took my car to service. The engine was running veru rough and sounded and drove like I am missing couple of cylinders. Apparently it was the ignition coil...

They are fixing it under CPO but what if it wasn't CPO.... I love my car and i would like to keep it but these type of issues are freigthening me...
What do you it would have cost me to fix it at an indy shop?
Old 11-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by leventor' post='1057068' date='Nov 17 2009, 07:19 PM
Got the engine malfunction message today after I dropped off my kid. I was around the the dealership and I directly took my car to service. The engine was running veru rough and sounded and drove like I am missing couple of cylinders. Apparently it was the ignition coil...

They are fixing it under CPO but what if it wasn't CPO.... I love my car and i would like to keep it but these type of issues are freigthening me...
What do you it would have cost me to fix it at an indy shop?
The engine in the 545i is pretty solid, with regular maintenance you'll get good service out of the car. Also, you have a manual transmission, which is A LOT more robust and dependable than the automatic. Get everything fixed that you can possibly can and the longer you drive the car, the more it'll pay you back.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by leventor' post='1057068' date='Nov 17 2009, 07:19 PM
They are fixing it under CPO but what if it wasn't CPO.... I love my car and i would like to keep it but these type of issues are freigthening me... What do you it would have cost me to fix it at an indy shop?
It doesn't matter how much maintenance you do on your car - there is always the possibility that something will break and depending on what fails it can be expensive......VERY expensive for a BMW.

You can save some money by finding a good indy shop to make the repairs. Besides that it all boils down to how much risk you can tolerate/afford.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 (7/04) 545i 6-Spd Manual Metallic Silver Gray with Gray Interior Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Active Steering, Navigation, Rear Sunshades, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Shades, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, HUD, Rear Side Airbags, PDC, Bluetooth Retrofit Exterior: Venture Clear Bra, Bright Angel Eyes, Euro Reflectors, Blackened Grill, VMR 713 19" Staggered with General UHPs, 13% tint rear windows Engine: K&N Air Filter, Deleted Carbon Filter , RPI Scoop, RPI Exhaust

Has any any changed their driver seats, the leather on it is wearing pretty fast...