Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Switch from "Titanium Gray" to "Titanium Gray II"

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 04:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to ask for a different color combo and my dealer said they wouldn't allow it. He still said that he went through the effort to ask and they said no.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Jun 12 2004, 06:08 AM
I tried to ask for a different color combo and my dealer said they wouldn't allow it. He still said that he went through the effort to ask and they said no.
They almost always don't allow special colors in the first few months to a year of production. The reason (or the excuse) given is that the production has just gotten under way and is still "ramping up" to full capacity, so they can't accomodate special orders. Being that my order will be for a Sep. build at the earliest, or perhaps as late as an April 2005 production, it will be well into full capacity production. So they can't use that excuse, but they may say no special orders on ED cars.

rodybmw
Old 06-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Members

rodybmw:

I don't think that anyone can accurately predict what BMW will or will not do. The only way to find out for sure is to place an order and wait until they respond. As a general proposition I believe that BMW will accept a special order from the U.S. for any exterior color or interior color or upholstery material that they are providing to countries other than the U.S.

I can only wish you "Good Luck". Let us know the outcome.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by FDMeloan' date='Jun 14 2004, 05:53 PM
rodybmw:

I don't think that anyone can accurately predict what BMW will or will not do.? The only way to find out for sure is to place an order and wait until they respond.? As a general proposition I believe that BMW will accept a special order from the U.S. for any exterior color or interior color or upholstery material that they are providing to countries other than the U.S.

I can only wish you "Good Luck".? Let us know the outcome.
Thanks again Fred. I will post the outcome here. However, I just found out that I will probably be working on a movie that will be filming from August to December, and another one from January to March. So there is no way to predict if/when I will be able to take a week or two off for Euro Delivery. So it looks like I may have to delay the ED until April 2005.

Thanks Again,
rodybmw