Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

So the E60 went for a repair..

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06' 530 Alpine/Auburn/Dark walnut, Sport, Premium, Sirius, 35% Tint Upcomming mods: M166's/Exclaim UHP's, Mtech

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='591045' date='May 29 2008, 04:31 PM
You'll get no sympathy from me. I had to drive a Chevy Coblalt for a month and then made a big step up to the great Chevy Impala for 2 months as my car was being repaired after an accident. If Chevy is "the heartbeat of America" then we are all in trouble!!!
heartbeat of america huh, how about "irregular heartbeat"
Old 05-29-2008, 03:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by E_90 driver' post='591033' date='May 29 2008, 01:10 PM
Well...my dealer set me up with a 328xi for a loaner, and I didn't even buy my 530 there. Now I have the 328 for the entire weekend since they backed the right rear corner of my 530 into a wall and needs body work! And I only had the 5 for about 11 days! (Purchased used from a non-BMW dealership but still under warranty though). I made it clear to them that I do not want cheap body work and very minimal to no body filler. Let's hope everything turns out okay. I was planning on ordering the BMW base support roof rack for my bike...maybe I can use this as some leverage to get a good deal? Would I come off as a j@ck@ss for doing that?
Nope, NOT a jackass for doing it at all! They have inconvenienced you and should be accountable, especially for ALL of your patience! I say ....Give them Hell!!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='591002' date='May 29 2008, 12:38 PM
To be honest, I dont necessarily mind the sub standard cars a dealer gives you when your car is in for service. It's kind of nice to drive a car and be completely worry free about anything and everything. It makes me realize how alert I am in my car looking for potholes and a parking spot a mile away from everything else and keeping the interior clean and all that crap. I also make it my business to test out all the things I always think of doing but would never attempt in my own car such as: full ABS test from 80mph. Playing with the tranny while driving and other things I cant possibly be alone on this one.

HAHAHAH you're sooooo right we're so bad... ... thats the only reason why i like loners... dont care about the car... park anywhere, drive anywhere, step in anywhere with dirt on my shoes, drive people I normally wont drive, see a dip or pot hole I aim for it and give it extra gas to see how good the suspension is... Yup... NEVER buy a used rental car.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='591343' date='May 29 2008, 09:31 PM
HAHAHAH you're sooooo right we're so bad... ... thats the only reason why i like loners... dont care about the car... park anywhere, drive anywhere, step in anywhere with dirt on my shoes, drive people I normally wont drive, see a dip or pot hole I aim for it and give it extra gas to see how good the suspension is... Yup... NEVER buy a used rental car.
You know the difference between a rental car and a Jeep??? NOTHING!! +1 Never buy a rental car!!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bimmerluuvr' post='591067' date='May 29 2008, 09:55 PM
heartbeat of america huh, how about "irregular heartbeat"
+1
Old 05-30-2008, 04:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by bimmerluuvr' post='591057' date='May 29 2008, 03:46 PM
NOW I know that it ain't just me! One time they gave me a rented Toyota 4runner, which actually turned out to be a pretty good car as it was brand new (and at least I did not get the Dodge Neon that the dude in front of me got !) you should have seen the look on HIS face!

APPARENTLY, getting shafted over loaner cars is nothing new!
Glad to here it's not just me, either! This last time, they initially rented me a Pontiac G6. Though, other than the car being filthy and the steering wheel feeling like a grease rag, it wasn't that bad of a car. It even had the Hertz NeverLost nav system in it.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='590420' date='May 28 2008, 06:39 PM
I got a nissan sentra when I left my car at the dealership for 4 days. They rented a car for me thru enterprise due to the dealership policy that only bmw's purchased from that dealership get bmw loaners... :thumbsdown: Hope everything with your car gets resolved and you get it back in a timely manner...

That wouldn't happen to be Center, would it? They kept my car for 3 days to reprogram the transmission slam issue under warranty last year (after saying it would take a mere 4 hours). They offered to 'drop me off' anywhere, and pick me up when the car was ready. BS was my reply - give me a loaner. They allowed me to rent a car, but the only ne available was the Chrapper PoonTang Cruiser (PT Cruiser for short). What a craptastic piece of work that was - no power, no handling, and no frills. Amazing.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

Well don't feel bad. Perillo had my car for 3 days to replace the Tires(per SI update the progman(took 3 tries) and turn on the bluetooth and they were nice enought to give me a Hyundai Accent as a loaner. Nothing like trying to commute in Chicago traffic when you have 130hp tin can compared the a 545. That is pain.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Members

I also had to take my car to dealer yesterday and just pick it up today.

Guess what I got as rental car while my car was in service.

2008 CANDY RED TOYOTA YARIS with manual window

I couldn't be any gay-er than that....

Since the car was new, it was candy red+shiny.

I was able to hit the maximum speed limit of the car : 60mph...(it started to shake really bad....so that was the maximum i could do)
Old 05-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by terry79z' post='591834' date='May 30 2008, 01:30 PM
2008 CANDY RED TOYOTA YARIS with manual window

I couldn't be any gay-er than that....
Not that there's anything WRONG with that!!

Quick Reply: So the E60 went for a repair..