Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

So the E60 went for a repair..

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='590890' date='May 29 2008, 12:25 PM
AAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I dropped off my loaner and am now enjoying my own car once again!!!
Feels good, doesn't it! I picked up mine on Memorial Day and boy did it feel good. Was without it for a week! Like you, I had an '08 328i with no options except maybe the upgraded stereo. That had to be the cheapest feeling car I've been in in a long time. Given the choice between, say, a Honda Civic Si and that thing, I'd take the Civic every time! The cheapness was exacerbated by all the scuff marks on the door panel and the poor detailing, etc. And no offense to anyone that has one, but it was a gold one with that girlie looking grille. That has to be the most feminine looking car I've ever driven! I'd rather have had the X3 they gave me the last time.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='590912' date='May 29 2008, 10:52 AM
Feels good, doesn't it! I picked up mine on Memorial Day and boy did it feel good. Was without it for a week! Like you, I had an '08 328i with no options except maybe the upgraded stereo. That had to be the cheapest feeling car I've been in in a long time. Given the choice between, say, a Honda Civic Si and that thing, I'd take the Civic every time! The cheapness was exacerbated by all the scuff marks on the door panel and the poor detailing, etc. And no offense to anyone that has one, but it was a gold one with that girlie looking grille. That has to be the most feminine looking car I've ever driven! I'd rather have had the X3 they gave me the last time.
It IS pretty sad when the X3 from last time is the PREFERRED loaner car!!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Senior Members

. That had to be the cheapest feeling car I've been in in a long time. Given the choice between, say, a Honda Civic Si and that thing, I'd take the Civic every time! The cheapness was exacerbated by all the scuff marks on the door panel and the poor detailing, etc
Strange! I have an E90 (gray/black) and it sure feels way superior than any japanese car in its price range. Buttons, leather and drive are top notch.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='590919' date='May 29 2008, 12:57 PM
It IS pretty sad when the X3 from last time is the PREFERRED loaner car!!
I probably will downsize/downgrade to a 3-series in the future, but that car just made up my mind that the Premium package will be MANDATORY. Even when I test drove the M3 sedan I was like, "Whoa. I didn't realize the 3-series was this "different" (to put it nicely) inside from the 5-series."
Old 05-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by thefleet' post='590925' date='May 29 2008, 11:07 AM
Strange! I have an E90 (gray/black) and it sure feels way superior than any japanese car in its price range. Buttons, leather and drive are top notch.
My 328i was an E46 based car, perhaps thats why it was not up to snuff?
Old 05-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Contributors

To be honest, I dont necessarily mind the sub standard cars a dealer gives you when your car is in for service. It's kind of nice to drive a car and be completely worry free about anything and everything. It makes me realize how alert I am in my car looking for potholes and a parking spot a mile away from everything else and keeping the interior clean and all that crap. I also make it my business to test out all the things I always think of doing but would never attempt in my own car such as: full ABS test from 80mph. Playing with the tranny while driving and other things I cant possibly be alone on this one.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='591002' date='May 29 2008, 12:38 PM
To be honest, I don't necessarily mind the sub standard cars a dealer gives you when your car is in for service. It's kind of nice to drive a car and be completely worry free about anything and everything. It makes me realize how alert I am in my car looking for potholes and a parking spot a mile away from everything else and keeping the interior clean and all that crap. I also make it my business to test out all the things I always think of doing but would never attempt in my own car such as: full ABS test from 80mph. Playing with the tranny while driving and other things I cant possibly be alone on this one.
+1 but only to while away the hours until I get my car back!!
Old 05-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i|Black Sapphire|Black Dakota Leather|Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|Adaptive Xenons|

Well...my dealer set me up with a 328xi for a loaner, and I didn't even buy my 530 there. Now I have the 328 for the entire weekend since they backed the right rear corner of my 530 into a wall and needs body work! And I only had the 5 for about 11 days! (Purchased used from a non-BMW dealership but still under warranty though). I made it clear to them that I do not want cheap body work and very minimal to no body filler. Let's hope everything turns out okay. I was planning on ordering the BMW base support roof rack for my bike...maybe I can use this as some leverage to get a good deal? Would I come off as a j@ck@ss for doing that?
Old 05-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

You'll get no sympathy from me. I had to drive a Chevy Coblalt for a month and then made a big step up to the great Chevy Impala for 2 months as my car was being repaired after an accident. If Chevy is "the heartbeat of America" then we are all in trouble!!!
Old 05-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06' 530 Alpine/Auburn/Dark walnut, Sport, Premium, Sirius, 35% Tint Upcomming mods: M166's/Exclaim UHP's, Mtech

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='591045' date='May 29 2008, 04:31 PM
You'll get no sympathy from me. I had to drive a Chevy Coblalt for a month and then made a big step up to the great Chevy Impala for 2 months as my car was being repaired after an accident. If Chevy is "the heartbeat of America" then we are all in trouble!!!
NOW I know that it ain't just me! One time they gave me a rented Toyota 4runner, which actually turned out to be a pretty good car as it was brand new (and at least I did not get the Dodge Neon that the dude in front of me got !) you should have seen the look on HIS face!

APPARENTLY, getting shafted over loaner cars is nothing new!

Quick Reply: So the E60 went for a repair..