Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

So the E60 went for a repair..

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just laughed at the service guy walking towards this. He said, this is a 'premier sedan' only for BMW owners who come to this dealership (apprently they also service MINI).

Anways, on my way back home I made sure nobody i know can see me in this. For some odd reason, regular people on the road like this atrosity of a car. I got a few smiles. I looked at a fellow E60er zoom by me and I made sure I dont try to catch his 550i.

It seems to be that this car was designed by someone who never took a college level "logic" course. It had:

1. Three different ways to open driver door lock
2. Dash made up of 7UP cans I beleive
3. Plastic quality, oh my God, is RUBBISH
4. The 4.0 V8 felt like it was not even an I4, was so horribly unresponsive
5. As I pressed the gas, the fuel consumption went to "5.2 MPG" - woow I said, drive her slow!

Funny thing is, when I pressed gas first time on a traffic light, I didnt realize it was FWD!

Old 05-28-2008, 05:00 PM
JPJ
Contributors

Originally Posted by thefleet' post='590363' date='May 28 2008, 08:39 PM
I just laughed at the service guy walking towards this. He said, this is a 'premier sedan' only for BMW owners who come to this dealership (apprently they also service MINI).

Anways, on my way back home I made sure nobody i know can see me in this. For some odd reason, regular people on the road like this atrosity of a car. I got a few smiles. I looked at a fellow E60er zoom by me and I made sure I dont try to catch his 550i.

It seems to be that this car was designed by someone who never took a college level "logic" course. It had:

5. As I pressed the gas, the fuel consumption went to "5.2 MPG" - woow I said, drive her slow!

Funny thing is, when I pressed gas first time on a traffic light, I didnt realize it was FWD!

It may only feel like 4 cylinders, but if it makes you feel any better it's only a 6 not an 8. Chrysler's interiors are their weakest area -- always lots of cheap looking hard plastic.

Your dealer must also own a Chrysler dealership. Mine only sells BMW's, so that's all they use as loaners (usually give me a 528i or 328i).
Old 05-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 DINAN 135 convertible

That sucks, but at least you got something. Some dealers don't give out loaners unless it's in for warranty service.

My dealer has been great. My last three loaners have been (all brand new, less than 5k miles) (1) 528xi, (2) 535, (3) X5. Can't complain one bit about that...

Oh, and my wife used to drive a Pacifica, so I can feel your pain.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i

My loaners have been whack! Nissan Versa, and Nissan sentra..Booo!
Old 05-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

I got a nissan sentra when I left my car at the dealership for 4 days. They rented a car for me thru enterprise due to the dealership policy that only bmw's purchased from that dealership get bmw loaners... :thumbsdown: Hope everything with your car gets resolved and you get it back in a timely manner...
Old 05-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Dude thats excellent! Last time I went in for service I got a Kia Rondo. That was Pure junk. Lucky it was only for 1 day. The gas milage for that car was no better than the 545. I swear!
Old 05-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

One of my loaners was an AW plain old Chevy truck. No power windows, no power locks, manual side mirrors - luckily it had power steering. Although last time they loaned me a 325i, AW too, then another gray 325i. I find that Mondays are the worst time to drop off the car since that's when the BMW loaners run out.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 550i with SP, Nav, Logic7

Originally Posted by thefleet' post='590363' date='May 28 2008, 08:39 PM

Your dealer must be related to mine (VOB BMW). I just dropped the car off this morning for an oil change and they gave me EXACTLY the same car. I got a kick out of the seat adjustments. They are located on the door along with other window/mirror controllers

Fortunately, my car has been problem free so I didn't have to visit the shop that often.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Well I want to personally thank you for making me feel better about my current BMW loaner! It's a 2008 328i with just about NO options on it whatsoever!! I was feeling pretty irritated by it, until now!
Old 05-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Senior Members

I have owned a couple Bimmers, never had a non-bmw loaner. Probably because I make my appointments in advance.

Quick Reply: So the E60 went for a repair..